Switching brooders drama

Still drama. I put a little plastic divider in the corner they are clustered, which makes them spread out and seems to keep them from hurting each other very much.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_202420.jpg
    IMG_20200530_202420.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 6
I put a little plastic divider in the corner they are clustered, which makes them spread out and seems to keep them from hurting each other very much.

Good thinking!

Is the drama just at bedtime? Are they used to having light (heat lamp) and did you switch to a heater that does not make light?

Everything is exactly the same. They are super happy during the day. They were raised with a heat plate, which they barely use anymore, but it's still there if they want it. I had a nightlight that I weemed them off about a week ago by slowly covering more each night. I think they calmed down now.

They still push and make a ruckus, but it doesn't take them too long to spread out a little in the corner and sleep fine. Going to have to go through this all over again in a couple weeks when they go to the coop.

They still push and make a ruckus, but it doesn't take them too long to spread out a little in the corner and sleep fine. Going to have to go through this all over again in a couple weeks when they go to the coop.

In the coop will be much easier: you can go in the house and ignore them :)

(You might want to round the corners a little bit to prevent piling--just shoving some bedding into a pile in each corner the first few evenings might be enough to do that.)

They are getting very difficult to have inside. Thankfully the upstairs room they are in is unfinished with water resistant subfloor. Everytime I take the lid off I lose most of them running around the floor. Fresh food with herbs on top tricks most of them back in.

They are getting very difficult to have inside. Thankfully the upstairs room they are in is unfinished with water resistant subfloor. Everytime I take the lid off I lose most of them running around the floor. Fresh food with herbs on top tricks most of them back in.

Maybe move up your plans to move them outside... :)

Back
Top Bottom