Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

44Wolves

Here is Your New Title
13 Years
Jun 28, 2009

Hello! My.... uh..... 3 year old EE, who looks JUST like the one in the above picture, seems to have a bit of an issue. Her butt is missing a few feathers, probably from the normal pecking order, and there are still stumps from her last molt. She is ALL the way at the bottom of my 3-chicken pecking order. She is completely like the other 2 hens- walks normal, sleeps normal, eats and drinks, no problems breathing, etc. Basucally ALL the isgns of a healthy chicken. The only thing is, she seems to be a bit fatter, if that helps, and her butt is a bit swollen. The swollen place is about an inch below her vent, and looks like this:

So, yeah.... what is wrong with her?

Last edited:
Um...pics aren't working.

They aren't supposed to e_o They are links. They aren't my saved pictures, as I don't actually HAVE any of her butt. So, I found one that looks like it.

The second link goes to a site, but no specific picture. We can't see what you're talking about - so really can't help!

I have a few that look like her and with mine it is either a feather picker or they need more protein. I put them on a very high protein (game bird) feed and but the picker in chicken jail! Today i noticed some little feather growing back! Mine were losing them from all over though not just one place. Im sure someone else will chime in. Good Luck.

Thanks! I think I'll od that. What else could give them more protein, besides switching the feed? Cooked eggs? Yogurt?

Back
Top Bottom