Swollen Butt

weioflife97

Hatching
Jun 16, 2018
This is my first time hatching a chick.

Can anyone tell me is if this is something that I should be worried about?

Attachments

• 10B2C856-8AA7-4C43-8B4C-8E3B2623D9EF.jpeg
    10B2C856-8AA7-4C43-8B4C-8E3B2623D9EF.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 22
It looks like the yolk sac is still attached. Make sure to put it on something soft, so it doesn’t rupture. I’ve never hatched chicks. Hopefully someone will be here shortly & can help more. In the mean time, use the forum search to look for other discussions about.

You should post this in the Incubating & Hatching section ....
At first I didn't see anything but now see something red towards the back of the chick, is that your concern? Can't make it out, can you get a picture of it? Is this the only chick or are more hatching?

You should post this in the Incubating & Hatching section ....
At first I didn't see anything but now see something red towards the back of the chick, is that your concern? Can't make it out, can you get a picture of it? Is this the only chick or are more hatching?
This is the only chick I am hatching. It moves around too much for me to get a good picture of the butt. But there seems to be a bulge.

I don't know what this is but this has happent to me to, a lohmann chick had swollen butt, I but him in a cage with another chick that was sick but not in the same way tho (the other chick had a weird neck, he was like that for 2 days and then was fine so I don't know what that was) but anyway the chick with the swollen butt and the other chick shared a cage and where good friends and they are both live and well today, I'm don't know what this was but he doesn't have swollen but anymore so that's good :)

Back
Top Bottom