Swollen chicken feet with white bumps

Hello!
I know it’s been over a year since I posted but I wanted to give anyone who cared an update. My chicken with gout is doing fine, she can not really walk and can’t perch, but she eats and sometimes lays. I made her an elevated bed so she can rest up next to the other chickens on the perch at night. Here is a picture , yes she still has gout but because she eats and seems happy I let her be. She’s pictured here with my other older hen. It’s the old hen den :)

Attachments

• 277B39E4-FF60-49E2-B4CC-D4CF698BA738.jpeg
    277B39E4-FF60-49E2-B4CC-D4CF698BA738.jpeg
    718.2 KB · Views: 12
Oh my that's so cute. I just got done reading the thread, When I noticed it was an old thread, I almost skipped ahead to the last post. So glad I didn't. I'm so glad she is doing well or as well as can be. You are a awesome chicken momma!

Greetings SueHasChickens,

What wonderful news, to start my morning!

You've done a great job caring for her. I love that fluffy little out door bed you made for her. Thank so much for the update. We don't usually get to know what happens to a chicken, long term. I'm so glad she is doing well!

God's blessings to you and your flock. :thumbsup

Hello!
I know it’s been over a year since I posted but I wanted to give anyone who cared an update. My chicken with gout is doing fine, she can not really walk and can’t perch, but she eats and sometimes lays. I made her an elevated bed so she can rest up next to the other chickens on the perch at night. Here is a picture , yes she still has gout but because she eats and seems happy I let her be. She’s pictured here with my other older hen. It’s the old hen den :)

I'm so glad to see an update. Thanks for letting us know. So often we never know the long term results of conversations like this. She looks like such a sweet hen. I'm glad you are helping her like this. :D

I'm so glad to see an update. Thanks for letting us know. So often we never know the long term results of conversations like this. She looks like such a sweet hen. I'm glad you are helping her like this. :D
Thank you! She is a sweet hen and is very happy with her bed. I also carry her around from place to place when I can so she can go to her favorite spots. It is just not that hard to be nice to a little chicken ;)

Back
Top Bottom