Swollen crop and weird neck movements, floppy comb

gregula girls

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 12, 2014
Santa Clara County, CA
help, my 3 year old RhodeIsland Red hasn't been feeling herself for about one week. Her comb is floppy and not bright. Her crop looks swollen but feels like it is full of air. She is lethargic, standing around and falling asleep standing in the yard.

She has been separated from the other chickens. I have tried feeding her chopped eggs. After eating a small amount, the chicken is stretching her neck out.?!. I also gave her yogurt and water with apple cider vinegar.

The other chickens are not exhibiting any symptoms. I can't find a vet who will treat my chicken☹️

Any ideas what is wrong with her and recommendations on how to treat her???

Not sure if this is it but a couple months ago I purchased a laying salmon faverolle and with in a week she showed these exact symptoms. A week later it was obvious she started molting. Typically the molt isn't till fall but I guess the move stress her out. Do you see any pin feathers? Is she eating and drinking normally or are you having to force her?

Make sure she has plenty of clEan water constantly. Refrain from solid food for 24 hours. Massage her crop gently and give her droplets from a dropper of olive oil or coconut oil. In the search section type in sour crop.

She seemed like she was gaining strength and back to normal until this morning. Her crop is full again.

I've tried: water and vomit after massaging crop, watered down chicken pellets, yogurt, apple cider vinegar in water.

Anything else I should be doing? She is getting thinner

Back
Top Bottom