Swollen ear lobe? Please help!

Sunshineflock

Hatching
Oct 14, 2020
Hi there! My 6 month old red star has what looks like a swollen ear lobe. She is laying, showing no signs of illness. But I'm concerned and am not sure what to do or where to find the right medicine. Any insight is appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-130517_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014-130517_Messages.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 20
Hi there! My 6 month old red star has what looks like a swollen ear lobe. She is laying, showing no signs of illness. But I'm concerned and am not sure what to do or where to find the right medicine. Any insight is appreciated, thank you!
Welcome To BYC!

When you feel of the ear lobe is it hard, soft, fluid filled?

But it feels like a soft swelling?
I would look inside her ear for any pus or debris.
Yes. I dont see any puss or anything. I tried cleaning with peroxide. Nothing has improved yet. Her other ear lobe isnt swollen but has a slight bit of discoloration similar to the swollen one.

Yes. I dont see any puss or anything. I tried cleaning with peroxide. Nothing has improved yet. Her other ear lobe isnt swollen but has a slight bit of discoloration similar to the swollen one.
The white (discoloration?) is just color leakage. It's fairly common in hybrid breeds, nothing to worry about there.
The swelling is interesting though. Not sure what's caused that if she's not got any other symptoms at this time, I would be inclined to just monitor it for a few more days and see if it resolves on it's own.

The white (discoloration?) is just color leakage. It's fairly common in hybrid breeds, nothing to worry about there.
The swelling is interesting though. Not sure what's caused that if she's not got any other symptoms at this time, I would be inclined to just monitor it for a few more days and see if it resolves on it's own.
Ok, I have been keeping an eye on her and will continue to do so. Thank you for clarifying the coloring is normal. The swollen one feels slightly warm, so just debating on the need for some type of antibiotic. Just not sure what or where to find them. Thank you for your input, its very appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom