Swollen eye on hen

Well....her poor little eye is still swollen. I have Tylan soluable....should I give that to her. Baytril didn't touch it, so I am not sure that the tylan will help it. I also have LS-50 too. Drops don't work....and in the good ol' state of California I need to have a prescription for Terramycin ointment. Rediculous. Still no discharge from nose or eye...just swollen. So bizarre.
I about a month ago switched yo pine shavings in their coop....does any one think maybe the dust is acting as an irritant to her one eye??

Well...zero improvement with her eye. Taking her to the vet on Tuesday. We will see how it goes. I'm guessing he will do another round of antibiotics and Terramycin. Thats my guess, but we will see.

Well it's been two in a half weeks and her eye is still swollen. The vet is now thinking a tumor. Which it very well could be. She is still eating and drinking acting happy, so I will just wait it out until she gets worse.

What do you guys think?? If it is tumor would it be a Mereks type tumor?? It's not on her eye lids or anything, it's inside her head. And her pupils still look normal. I don't have any experience with this really. She is only 10 months old.

My other question is that I know chicken puss is hard, does it ever go away by itself? Or does it have to be taken out??

I'm wondering if it's puss, but I'm not sure. It's not getting bigger and she's still acting normal. But the vet seemed pretty positive it's a tumor of some sort. I dunno, only time will tell. :/

@casportpony

Can you help me figure this out?? I'm not sure how much to give one bird. I can't find any mg/kg. only grams.

Im going to try this otherwise my only other option is to put her down. I have started to warm compress it and flush it with saline. The vet gave me metronidazole , but I don't think those are appropriate for her.

Back
Top Bottom