Swollen Eye, some sneezing, runny nose and now bloody stool.

sounds like it was a respiratory issue and it turned into coccidiosis. just a guess though...
hmm.png
i think you should try corid or sulmet.

this might sound gross but does any one have a pic of a bloody stool, i hear of it but never have seen it in a chick?
thanks

ma hen

When getting on google you can ask your question as I have so here is the answer about chickens
this is good information

Sulmet Soluble Powder Indications. For the control and treatment of the ... Cattle - Bacterial Pneumonia And Bovine Respiratory Disease ...
www.drugs.com/vet/sulmet-soluble-powder.html - Cached - Similar
for The Control Of
Chickens - Infectious Coryza (Avibacterium paragallinarum)

Coccidiosis (Eimeria tenella, Eimeria necatrix)

Acute Fowl Cholera (Pasteurella multocida)

Pullorum Disease (Salmonella Pullorum)

Turkeys - Coccidiosis (Eimeria meleagrimitis, Eimeria adenoeides)

ADMINISTRATION IN DRINKING WATER

Prepare a 12.0% stock solution by adding the contents of this package to one gallon of water.

Dosage: Poultry
Add 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz) to each gallon, or one gallon of stock solution to 128 gallons. Following administration directions, this will provide a recommended dose of approximately 58 to 85 mg/lb/day (128 to 187 mg/kg/day) body weight in chickens and 50 to 124 mg/lb/day (110 to 273 mg/kg/day) body weight in turkeys, depending upon the dosage, age, class of chickens or turkeys, ambient temperature and other factors.

As a Drench:

Dilute the proper dose of stock solution, and drench or administer with dose syringe.

Chickens And Turkeys
Add the required dose to that amount of water that will be consumed in one day. Water consumption should be carefully checked to insure adequate drug intake. As a generalization, 100 turkeys will drink one gallon of water per day for each week of age; chickens will consume one-half this amount.

Infectious Coryza (in Chickens): Medicate For 2 Consecutive Days.

acute Fowl Cholera And Pullorum Disease (in Chickens): Medicate For 6 Consecutive Days.

coccidiosis (in Chickens And Turkeys): Medicate As Above For 2 Days, Then Reduce Drug Concentration To One-half Above For 4 Additional Days.

residue Warnings
DO NOT MEDICATE CHICKENS OR TURKEYS PRODUCING EGGS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. TO AVOID DRUG RESIDUES IN EDIBLE FLESH WITHDRAW MEDICATION FROM CHICKENS AND TURKEYS TEN (10) DAYS PRIOR TO SLAUGHTER FOR FOOD.

WITHDRAW MEDICATION FROM SWINE FIFTEEN (15) DAYS PRIOR TO SLAUGHTER FOR FOOD.

Precaution
In poultry, consult a veterinarian or poultry pathologist for diagnosis. For control of outbreaks of disease, medication should be initiated as soon as the diagnosis is determined.

Medicated cattle, swine, chickens and turkeys must actually consume enough medicated water which provides the recommended dosages.

SULMET works fast. If symptoms persist after using this preparation for 2 or 3 days, consult a veterinarian. Excessive dosage may cause toxic reactions. Follow dosage and administration instructions carefully. Hatchability of eggs laid during medication with sulfas, and for short periods thereafter, may be adversely affected.

Treatment of all diseases should be instituted early. Treatment should continue 24 to 48 hours beyond the remission of disease symptoms, but not to exceed a total of 5 consecutive days in cattle or swine.

Restricted Drug (California) - Use Only as Directed

Manufactured for

Fort Dodge Animal Health, Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501 USA

by PM Resources, Inc., Bridgeton, MO 63044

Remembering when using any medication always use the wet mash probiotic for the health gut flora in the chickens body

3 tbsp of dry crumbles
4 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp of yoguart
mix good and add 1 tbsp of applesauce to top of the mix

this is for one chicken so multiply by the amount of chickens being fed this wet mash probiotic

always clean up the wet feeders in 30 minutes after feeding chickens this and restore the dry crumbles
email me any questions

Last edited:
If the bloody stools are from cocci then yes it should help. I read the information above and it says it is for cocci which causes bloody stools. I am having the same problems and will be getting some today.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom