Swollen eyelid

You can make homemade saline or buy some at a pharmacy to irrigate the eye twice a day. Then apply plain Neosporin/Triple Antibiotic/or Terramycin Eye ointment into the eye twice a day. If there is gunk or swelling try to remove that. She may get better on her own, or she could have a secondary infection. Do you have a feed store where farm animal injectable antibiotics such as oxytetracycline or LA200 are sold? That is sometimes used for treatment of MG. Post 1 in this thread has a dosage:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/miracle-la-200-dosage-and-vetrx-for-crd-treatment.631458/
I have Saline spray for my piercing, would that work?

I have never seen anything injectable so unless they have it behind the counter no :(

Antibiotics are banned from stores here, we can only get them through 100$+ vet prescriptions

If it is a respiratory issue, which I believe you would hear, try Vet-R-X, you can get it on Amazon.

Does her breathing sound weird, is there gunk in her nose, can she breath with her mouth shut?

Try listening to her breathing by putting your head to her chest and see if you hear anything that can signify trouvle breathing like rattling, rasping, or clicking.
They had a respiratory infection about a month and a half ago but it cleared up with some treatment and I haven’t had any respiratory issues since, I don’t hear anything off from her breathing. She’s acting completely normal, If it wasn’t for her being my favorite I wouldn’t have noticed her eye at all

Call your feed store about the injectable oxytetracycline since it is in the refrigerated medicines where you find vaccines. If they had a respiratory infection last month, it is possible that she might have not gotten symptoms until now. Or she could have a relapse. Respiratory diseases may be chronic and come back all through life. If the saline is sterile or clean, that is probably fine. It is easy to make it sterile by boiling the salt water.

They had a respiratory infection about a month and a half ago but it cleared up with some treatment and I haven’t had any respiratory issues since, I don’t hear anything off from her breathing. She’s acting completely normal, If it wasn’t for her being my favorite I wouldn’t have noticed her eye at all
It is good that it is not respiratory. I wish you the best of luck!

Call your feed store about the injectable oxytetracycline since it is in the refrigerated medicines where you find vaccines. If they had a respiratory infection last month, it is possible that she might have not gotten symptoms until now. Or she could have a relapse. Respiratory diseases may be chronic and come back all through life. If the saline is sterile or clean, that is probably fine. It is easy to make it sterile by boiling the salt water.
I’ll call them.

She got it bad, she had horrible breathing issues but my others got it in the eyes so maybe it’s like… delayed symptoms? It’s oddly enough looking somewhat better today. The saline is definitely sterile 😅 I’ve been using it for new piercings so my ear would be totally infected right now if it wasn’t lol. Thank you! I’ll do all that

Attachments

• IMG_3559.jpeg
    IMG_3559.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom