swollen face on hen- causing blindness!

jennifersouza

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 23, 2011
Buritis, Rondonia
1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.) Plymouth Rock (maybe- we got her as an adult- and hte name is different in Brasil) maybe 2 years old, weight normal
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Normal behavior (she can't see due to swelling, but when we help still eating/drinking fine, showing signs of
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Started 2 months ago (eek! my husband just told me this!)
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? None!

5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No, just the swollen face.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. At first, I figured it was some aging since we don't know how old she is. But upon closely examining tonight we realized her face was swollen.

7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Corn, Cracked corn, food scraps, and a lot of other stuff while free ranging. Water is always available for drinking, especially since it's always really hot here.

8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Poop appears to be normal.

9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? We examined her closely.

10) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? I would like to treat her myself if possible. We have a general vet in town, but he hasn't been useful.

11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help: Our camera isn't the best, but here's what I've got!

it might be of the hot weather, try spraying it with water, im not sure though! i hope shes okay! shes still a beautiful bird no matter what! :)

Back
Top Bottom