swollen peacock eye

I have seen some really bad advice given on the internet but that one really takes the cake. You do not inject into the 'center of the eye', ever. Telling you that an antibiotic will also kill worms and parasites is also totally wrong.
i think i read to NOT go into eye but in center of swollen area.i was just curios of the swine and cattle use only.but i checked on like 3 other websites that were un related to do exact same thing.i just lost the male so i thing i will try (not in eyeball) to hit affected are before i loose the female as well.

i think i read to NOT go into eye but in center of swollen area.i was just curios of the swine and cattle use only.but i checked on like 3 other websites that were un related to do exact same thing.i just lost the male so i thing i will try (not in eyeball) to hit affected are before i loose the female as well.
Do as you wish but know that I did it years ago from a suggestion here on BYC and the birds head swelled up and turned beet red, I nearly lost her. Tylan is effective when given SQ on the body at 1.0 to 1.5ml given daily for three to five days. Good luck and report your progress.

Do as you wish but know that I did it years ago from a suggestion here on BYC and the birds head swelled up and turned beet red, I nearly lost her. Tylan is effective when given SQ on the body at 1.0 to 1.5ml given daily for three to five days. Good luck and report your progress.
thank u for the info i will be sure to try and apply my common sense lol.i will update later for sure

thank u for the info i will be sure to try and apply my common sense lol.i will update later for sure
Sinus infections are usually an environmental problem. Look at your pen and coop area and see if there is excessive dust in the coop. Tiny particles of dried poo float in the air and get breathed in causing infections. Good ventilation in the coop is key.

From the sound of it your bird has a sinus infection. Yoda has had a good post on this and it is a very viable treatment. I have not used the puffer myself as Featherhead has, so this may be an alternative also.

I have used Tylan 200 injected into the swollen pocket as described in an earlier post. In a couple of days it should be better. If it hardens or has hardened then it will need to be cut out. This can be done at home also.

Tylan, needles and syringes can be found at most farm stores or at Tractor Supply. Tylan 200 is about $20 and the syringe/needle will be really cheap.

If you need specific direction, pm and we can exchange #'s to make sure they come through it fine.

Tylan does not have any activity (killing power) on bots, worms, internal or external parasites. It's use is solely as a broad spectrum antibiotic. Note: If injected into muscle, it can permanently atrophy the muscle at the injection point. (Usually not a problem unless repeated muscle injections are done in a localized area)

Best of Luck

Back
Top Bottom