Swollen pus bumps (pic included)

Missingoddessy

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
I went on Mother’s Day to buy chickens and upon getting there I saw a little girl (I hope a girl) that looked all sad and had little bumps on her legs. When I asked the owner didn’t know anything about it but said I could have her for free so of course I took her. She does all the other things all the others do except she has trouble getting up but once she does she is good and she sleeps on her side with her legs out. Seems as if there is no pain. Has anyone ever seen anything like this and if so is there anything I can do for her? Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Attachments

• D1317DFA-FA4D-44BD-B88F-069057144247.jpeg
    D1317DFA-FA4D-44BD-B88F-069057144247.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 13
I would agree that it could be articular gout. It is hard to cure, but some people have tried giving sour cherry extract capsules to help with soreness. The articles posted above are informative. Here feet appear deformed in the picture. The lumps can be common in gout. Are they hard or soft?

I went on Mother’s Day to buy chickens and upon getting there I saw a little girl (I hope a girl) that looked all sad and had little bumps on her legs. When I asked the owner didn’t know anything about it but said I could have her for free so of course I took her. She does all the other things all the others do except she has trouble getting up but once she does she is good and she sleeps on her side with her legs out. Seems as if there is no pain. Has anyone ever seen anything like this and if so is there anything I can do for her? Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

I agree with the others and they have given good information.

Can you get some photos of all of her and a few of her standing - maybe from the front and back so we and future readers can learn more?

Back
Top Bottom