Swollen Rooster Foot

Judy McDonald

Hatching
Sep 11, 2022
Hi, our Rooster has a swollen foot for a week now. He cannot put any pressure on it. It looks like Bumble Foot but it doesn't had a sore or scab underneath like other cases I've been reading. We have been soaking it in Epson salts and then soaking it in betadine solution. Wondering if anyone has any other remedies, like do we lance it to relieve the pressure? Also his toe does not like right either, it's very hard beneath his toe nail. Could this be the issue?

Attachments

• 20220911_125701.jpg
    20220911_125701.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220911_125753.jpg
    20220911_125753.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 13
The finger was bit off or something, if pretty sure that's the bone that's poking out which feels hard. Looks like an infected foot to me. Go to the vet to get antibiotics, unless you're American and can get them without a prescription for some reason. I do t know which antibiotics, because I don't know which bacteria is in your cock's foot.

There may be a sprain or injury to the foot and ankle, but there also could be an infection in the joint. Are you limiting his activity, so that he doesn’t run or jump? A wire dog crate with food and water is good for limiting activity, while he could still see his flock. If a vet is possible, an anti-inflammatory medicine plus an antibiotic may be helpful. An xray could rule out a fracture.

Hi, our Rooster has a swollen foot for a week now. He cannot put any pressure on it. It looks like Bumble Foot but it doesn't had a sore or scab underneath like other cases I've been reading. We have been soaking it in Epson salts and then soaking it in betadine solution. Wondering if anyone has any other remedies, like do we lance it to relieve the pressure? Also his toe does not like right either, it's very hard beneath his toe nail. Could this be the issue?

Attachments

• roo foot.jpg
    roo foot.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 10
I have a swollen roo foot as well, this is about as close as I can get to him. I dont think its bumble foot as I don't see any scab

Back
Top Bottom