swowlen bottem?help!

Kk Augy

Songster
Mar 13, 2021
Irland
it started yesterday when i discovered one of my red sex links had a swowlen,bloody bum.like somthing coming out of it.toaday my other hen had the same thing! could this be our roosters fault?:confused:

Can you post pictures of the swollen bottoms? Tell us ages, if you have just hens or a rooster, and if there could be a prolapsed vent. Vent pecking can lead to cannibalism and death. Chickens will peck anything red. Vent and feather pecking can be caused by boredom from not getting outside to free range, from over crowding, and not feeding enough protein in a balanced chicken feed. Other causes may be aggressive breeds, too many roosters, too much light in the coop, or not enough nest boxes.

update*oneof the hens that got this yesterday died...she was stuck in a hole...i am scared it might be dangerouse to humans..shall i be worried
>??

Can you post pictures of the swollen bottoms? Tell us ages, if you have just hens or a rooster, and if there could be a prolapsed vent. Vent pecking can lead to cannibalism and death. Chickens will peck anything red. Vent and feather pecking can be caused by boredom from not getting outside to free range, from over crowding, and not feeding enough protein in a balanced chicken feed. Other causes may be aggressive breeds, too many roosters, too much light in the coop, or not enough nest boxes.
i will try to sent pics tomorow ass its dark now . age is 2 and a half (i think)there is a rooster,they free range at day and at night they go in the coop (out of free will)there is a lot of space in the feild for tchem the protein gets me evrytime..see i try to get tchem good enough feed i tryed a lot to get tchem a good feed but they do not eat tchem feeds…we have red sex links ,1 rooster(we got rid of our other roo a year ago..)4 nest boxes(they only use one)we chane the nest filling(straw)often and i just dont know what could couse this!

i am really worryed will this spread..?will it kil my other hens!?is it dangerous for us! i am waiting for your answers...

update*oneof the hens that got this yesterday died...she was stuck in a hole...i am scared it might be dangerouse to humans..shall i be worried
>??
idk if this is enouge info...well my sister saw channel in a hole so she called me to get her out,i got freaked out and i just hoped she wasent ded...she was warm and i tought she was alivebut to my suprise she came out stiff and ded.my sister ran crying and i rushed wo wash my hands...incase its dangerous...i am just so scared i am new in chickens...ide love help

It is unlikely that it's anything that could harm you. I would just use common sense and wash as you normally would. Without pictures it's hard to say what may have happened. Hens over the age of two are commonly afflicted with reproductive problems, which can cause bloated abdomens. Pictures are needed to see that, or if there is a possible prolapse.

It is unlikely that it's anything that could harm you. I would just use common sense and wash as you normally would. Without pictures it's hard to say what may have happened. Hens over the age of two are commonly afflicted with reproductive problems, which can cause bloated abdomens. Pictures are needed to see that, or if there is a possible prolapse.
i understand,thanq for insuringwe are safe:Dpicture may come tomorow

Back
Top Bottom