Symptoms Of Sicknesses

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by marleylulu, Nov 17, 2012.

1. marleylulu

marleylulu Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2012
    Ontairio
    Can you guys please give me symptoms of ANY sicknesses found in chickens? I have 5 chickens, 3 rhode island red hens, 1 white jersey giant hen and 1 white jersey giant rooster. And I also live in canada if that helps[​IMG]

2. Hishigata

Hishigata Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    My flock caught fowl pox this summer. It started with lethargy, panting, and lead to a complete stop in egg production. Eventually they got little black warty spots all over their combs, wattles, and one chicken even had them on her legs. They looked pretty bad but like chicken pox in humans after a few weeks it cleared up. The scabs fell off, they perked back up, and eggs production returned to normal. There is no cure for fowl pox but you can get a vaccine. Otherwise I have not had any chickens get sick.

There are many potential illnesses with an even greater number of symptoms. It would talk a long time to post them all. I would recommend a website on chicken illness. This one from MU is what I used when my chickens were ill.

http://msucares.com/poultry/diseases/dissymp.htm

3. marleylulu

marleylulu Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2012
    Ontairio
    Ok thank you. I will check out the website [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by