1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Table Top?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lonomakana, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Lonomakana

Lonomakana Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2008
    Pa'auhau, Hawaii
    Any guesses about the breed? I call this little guy "Napoleon". He has successfully driven a full sized fighting cock from my yard. He's not tall enough for all of his girlfriends, though. A friend at work is going to give me a few "table top" hens for him, though.

I'm guessing that "table top" is just a descriptor, like bantam. Any comment[​IMG]
    Sassy Girl is hogging the camera but this shows Nappy's size.

[​IMG]

2. Lonomakana

Mar 29, 2008
    Pa'auhau, Hawaii
    He has a purple bar on his wings. His head/neck feathers (what do you call that) are slightly blonde. There is another one of these that visits my yard who's head/neck is almost white or silver.

3. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    He's definitely an old english bantam variety, possibly as silver duck-wing.

4. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    "table-tops" are miniaturized fighting stock. often they could pass for old english bantams due to their small size. he could very well be an oeg. mini-pit games are sometimes called table-tops cause....welll......that was what they'd use as an arena.

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Golden Duckwing OEGB

6. Lonomakana

Mar 29, 2008
    Pa'auhau, Hawaii
    Thanks for the replies. It makes sense that he's a fighting breed. Cock fighting is a big deal around here and some of my neighbors have stables. Nappy could definitely have a future as a fighter. He's calm around me and the hens, but if the big cock comes in the yard, he runs him off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by