Table Top?

Lonomakana

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Pa'auhau, Hawaii
Any guesses about the breed? I call this little guy "Napoleon". He has successfully driven a full sized fighting cock from my yard. He's not tall enough for all of his girlfriends, though. A friend at work is going to give me a few "table top" hens for him, though.

I'm guessing that "table top" is just a descriptor, like bantam. Any comment
8072_photo_35.jpg

Sassy Girl is hogging the camera but this shows Nappy's size.

8072_photo_36.jpg

He has a purple bar on his wings. His head/neck feathers (what do you call that) are slightly blonde. There is another one of these that visits my yard who's head/neck is almost white or silver.

"table-tops" are miniaturized fighting stock. often they could pass for old english bantams due to their small size. he could very well be an oeg. mini-pit games are sometimes called table-tops cause....welll......that was what they'd use as an arena.

Thanks for the replies. It makes sense that he's a fighting breed. Cock fighting is a big deal around here and some of my neighbors have stables. Nappy could definitely have a future as a fighter. He's calm around me and the hens, but if the big cock comes in the yard, he runs him off.

Thanks for the replies. It makes sense that he's a fighting breed. Cock fighting is a big deal around here and some of my neighbors have stables. Nappy could definitely have a future as a fighter. He's calm around me and the hens, but if the big cock comes in the yard, he runs him off.
you must be from hawaii guarenz lol

Table top fighters is something new to me. When I saw that mentioned, I was thinking bantam breeds like Seramas who are shown on tables and the judges want to see them exhibit the traditional stance for the breed.

Table top fighters is something new to me. When I saw that mentioned, I was thinking bantam breeds like Seramas who are shown on tables and the judges want to see them exhibit the traditional stance for the breed.
vcomb was right lol although i never knew what breed they were. they look and act like miniature game birds. young kids will spar them (probably to imitate adults and illegal cock fighting).

Back
Top Bottom