Tacky coop & run contest ****Update: It's time to vote!!!!!***

Quote:
hey, turn those cinder blocks on their sides and plant from flowers in the holes.
smile.png

Thats a good idea!

Great idea! I am planning on doing this with a cinder block fence my ex neighbor ran into... twice that left a step down like eye soar right in the front of my yard. Gonna try to camouflage the ugly by planting in some pretty
wink.png

Quote:
I used to have that problem, especially this time of year. I'd have to mow twice a week sometimes. Somebody told me to stop cutting it so short which sounded counter intuitive. I did try it and I don't seem to mow as often and the grass looks tons better. I'm still angling for a fence and bunch of goats though.

Ehh, my DH mows lawn's and does light gardening for a few elderly people in our community on Saturday's so the last thing he want's to do is come home and mow our's. My lawn will get ankle deep before he decides it's time for a trim....
he.gif
smack.gif
rant.gif
Part of the selling point with him was that we could put the girls to work cutting down the grass on the weekends in a tractor.... guess I should break the bad news to him lol.

Mrs. Green Thumbs :

Ehh, my DH mows lawn's and does light gardening for a few elderly people in our community on Saturday's so the last thing he want's to do is come home and mow our's. My lawn will get ankle deep before he decides it's time for a trim....
he.gif
smack.gif
rant.gif
Part of the selling point with him was that we could put the girls to work cutting down the grass on the weekends in a tractor.... guess I should break the bad news to him lol.

I saw a thread on here where somebody made a never-ending buffet for their chicks. Basically, they built a raised bed, planted grass and then covered it with hardware cloth. The chicks could only get to tops and couldn't scratch up the roots. Maybe you could try a scratch-free bottom on the tractor?​

clothdiaperingmom

All I can say is wow.

I was worrying about siding and hinges so our coop meets with the DW's approval, but I have so got to get her to take look at this thread.

BTW... This is, without a doubt, my favorite BYC thread.

Back
Top Bottom