Tail feathers?? + pic.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crazyhen, Oct 23, 2008.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I could not find my original post on tail feathers so here it is again . This time with pic. Its wonderful to wake up of a morning ans see something good and funny when we here so much bad. another reason to raise chicks. It gives us a good laugh

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Cute butts !!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    What breed are those chicks in the pic? I've not seen a pic of a baby chick w/ tail feathers such as the one in your pic. [​IMG]

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Most of mine had those half down, half juvenile feathers this week, some are still wee down butts, but most are converting quickly.

This group consists of three different sources, hatched within about 36 hours of one another, so they are each at slightly different stages. It's interesting how birds from different parents develop quite a bit more slowly or quickly, are calmer, or bolder.

I love chick butts, good pic.

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    The little butts are buff orps. They are 5 days old. They are so funny. I love to watch them stretch their legs behind them with one wing dropped. Jean

6. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the baby butts, that is just cute.

7. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    nm

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Most of the time, at least with the breeds I've had, the pullets get their tailfeathers very early on. Sometimes, though, one will fool you royally, like the last splash Orpington I hatched. That little critter feathered out just like a pullet...wrong! Got yet another splash cockerel. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by