Tail feathers

The bar rock colored one has orange comb since about three weeks old and now is bigger and has wattels. Unfortunately I only have the rear end in one of these pictures. One more red one with more markings but the head looks the same as the one in the picture. Yeah I still got a lot of learning to do lol
None of those three are barred

Pic of the black and cold color the one behind it. You can’t see the head just the tail. Mother was barred and dad was EE.

Attachments

• 5C7BC6E8-E19D-4B75-8870-674D0A7F5830.jpeg
    5C7BC6E8-E19D-4B75-8870-674D0A7F5830.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
The bar rock colored one has orange comb since about three weeks old and now is bigger and has wattels. Unfortunately I only have the rear end in one of these pictures. One more red one with more markings but the head looks the same as the one in the picture. Yeah I still got a lot of learning to do lol
This is a great place to learn!
Now, barred birds, the males with have brighter white barring, females have more muted barring, the barring of that bird looks female. Though If dad was an EE, that can confuse thing since the genetics of ees are like roulette.
the better quality the birds, the more linear the barring. 20220901_185303.png

Now, barred birds, the males with have brighter white barring, females have more muted barring, the barring of that bird looks female. Though If dad was an EE, that can confuse thing since the genetics of ees are like roulette.
the better quality the birds, the more linear the barring.View attachment 3244375
Need to add, the duller birds being females is only if both parents are barred. If only one is, both males and females both will look dull

the better quality the birds, the more linear the barring.View attachment 3244375
I was going with roo from the comb but now you mentioned it my pure hens looked like too. So if I ended up with six hen out of six picking I’m glade I bought a new rooster the other day.

Both parents have to be pure, barred for it to work, I think you have a cockerel from your pictures.
On the barred pattern? It is one I am not planning on keeping anyway but I’m using them as learn experience. My new hatchlings came off my amercaunas and EE rooster. It was like Christmas on hatching day from all the different color chics that came out. Unfortunately a dog caught that rooster but I pick up a black copper maran mix with EE. Make next year fun again on hatching. Here’s the new rooster for next year’s hatchings.

Attachments

• 8F938BB6-F966-4CDA-82D7-1030793AC921.jpeg
    8F938BB6-F966-4CDA-82D7-1030793AC921.jpeg
    631.5 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom