Take Your Guesses

Bock-Bock-Bagock

Chirping
Oct 6, 2023
Central Tennessee
Could be anything. 🤷‍♂️
PXL_20231209_232654588.jpg

So my first flock was going great. Until what I'm told was most likely foxes, took 2 of my 3 ladies. They had just recently started laying and I was getting an egg a day from each. I was concerned about the Rhode Island Red being alone. She was calling out for the others. So I picked up some pullets to fill out the flock and keep her from being alone. When I went to pick them up I learned it was a young boy operating a backyard breeding thing. I was impressed by his entrepreneurship.
However, he was unsure what roosters were breeding with what hens. There were over a dozen total I'm sure. So I picked out these two pullets which he said should be a few weeks from laying. Not sure what they might be. The black and white one reminded me a bit of the pattern from my Easter Egger, just a different color. Any guesses? The ones I lost are the Barred Rock and the Easter Egger. I'd love to get a Barred Rock again in the future when I expand the flock. This was my first go at chickens and I'm pretty bummed losing them. I raised them from 5 days old. It was very rewarding to rear some chicks into layers.

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_160453_502.jpg
    IMG_20231113_160453_502.jpg
    912.7 KB · Views: 13
Could be anything. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 3701967
So my first flock was going great. Until what I'm told was most likely foxes, took 2 of my 3 ladies. They had just recently started laying and I was getting an egg a day from each. I was concerned about the Rhode Island Red being alone. She was calling out for the others. So I picked up some pullets to fill out the flock and keep her from being alone. When I went to pick them up I learned it was a young boy operating a backyard breeding thing. I was impressed by his entrepreneurship.
However, he was unsure what roosters were breeding with what hens. There were over a dozen total I'm sure. So I picked out these two pullets which he said should be a few weeks from laying. Not sure what they might be. The black and white one reminded me a bit of the pattern from my Easter Egger, just a different color. Any guesses? The ones I lost are the Barred Rock and the Easter Egger. I'd love to get a Barred Rock again in the future when I expand the flock. This was my first go at chickens and I'm pretty bummed losing them. I raised them from 5 days old. It was very rewarding to rear some chicks into layers.
Most likely Barnyard mixes, or some colored egger.

They look about 3-5 months from laying(Rough estimation).

Back
Top Bottom