Taking a duck to a beach?

Halion

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
I've had this question for a long time and I've been thinking about it a lot recently. I live by a few beaches and I was wondering if I could take my duck there? I thought salt water would be a bad idea for non seaducks.

I wouldn't.

Ducks like water and they don't know when water is toxic for them or not until they get in.

THEN>>>...........what happens when a wave comes in and "ducky" gets a ride out further than you can get him/her, then a salt water predator attacks?

NO NO NO!

Last edited:
If the beach allows a duck, it probably allows dogs. And children will be all over your duck.
Sea ducks are a whole different critter from domestic ducks.

I wouldn't even consider it, too many risks. Sorry, but seems best to keep the duck home and safe!
smile.png

Another NO here. At home, if your duck gets loose, it knows where home is and (should) return there unless it gets really lost. At the beach it's in a strange place, and if it gets separated from you, you may never find it again.

Kathleen

I wouldn't take my duck to the ocean. A small lake, yes. I have a leash that retracts ( i attach it to his diaper harness) so if I take Donny to a lake and he gets too far out, I just retract him.

Anytime I take him out, kids and people flock to him. So I wouldn't do it in less your duck is human friendly. Mine loves the attention. Some duckies do t.

Back
Top Bottom