Talk about a Miracle!

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Yesterday morning I finished getting ready for work and opened the incubator to turn, mist & cool the eggs. I turned them, misted them and left the lid open to let them cool for 10 minutes..... and left the house completely forgetting to close the incubator!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif
smack.gif

I didn't think about it all day, i felt like total crap and thought i had shut it before i left anyway. I got home 8hrs later and went to put something in the bedroom and turned around to check & turn the eggs and felt like my stomach was climbing up my throat, i just wanted to die! I just about started crying thinking i had killed every last one of the eggs, including the 7 duck eggs i just brought in because the hen was being a brat.
hit.gif
I couldn't think of anything to do but close the lid and give them until the morning and check the damage i had done... Well I was too scared to check them this morning so i only turned & misted them and left for work. I got home tonight and pulled out the candler, grabbed a little bucket for all the eggs i just KNEW i killed
sad.png
and opened the incubator to start checking them....

I candled the first egg and i nearly choked, the little blob was squiggling all over the place!! like it was the best thing that ever happened to it! I was so excited that i put it right back and grabbed the next egg and discovered it was no longer alive.. all the veins were gone and the blob was stuck in the yolk
sad.png
. I set it aside and moved moved on to the next... another bad one, but maybe an early quitter? set it aside and moved on.... I could definitely see veins still! After moving it around for a second i found the happy little blob, swimming all over in his little water world
love.gif
. Every one of the other chicken eggs was alive and kicking!! I couldn't believe it! and all of them were even more active than before!

I checked the duck eggs last, they worried me. I had taken them from a hen that kicked them from her nest, so they were cold when i brougth them in and then i chilled them again. They were also about half way through incubation
fl.gif
I checked the first egg and saw a little one squish around
woot.gif
I checked the second and only saw black at first, but after some maneuvering, i found the akward airsac and some good, strong veins, all the remaining 5 eggs were squishing and kicking like crazy on the candler... thank God.

I have to say, it felt like a real miracle. I just couldn't believe i only lost 2 eggs after leaving them uncovered for 8 hours. I still can't hardly believe it. But HAD to share it!

tongue.png
Hey! Before you name them all miracle, go on google translate and type in 'miracle'

you could name them all miracle, but each in a different language xD

I don't even know if you were being serious...just a thought LOL

Back
Top Bottom