Talk to me of arthritis

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
So I have Crohns and along with it comes a variety of assorted auto-immune side effects. Rheumatoid arthritis is a possible side effect. I have had issues in the past when my medicine is wearing off with pain in my ankles and knees. About a week ago the joint at the bottom of my left hand started hurting. I thought I had just bruised it working, but it is getting worse. It is localized at the place where the thumb bone joins in at the wrist. It is a different kind of hurt than when my ankles and knees hurt. I'm starting to have a hard time griping things. I go back for another round of medicine in about a week. If it goes away immediately with the medicine I'll know it was an arthritis flare. In the meantime, any tips on making it all better? At least it's not my right hand, but still. I've been doing ibuprofen. Heat maybe? Ice it? I'm at a loss.

I think ice would work better than heat, or maybe a rotation of the two? Arthritis is caused by inflammation, heat initially would make it worse. Try ice alone at first, then maybe heat followed by ice and see how that helps. My arthritis is in the middle of my back...when it 'flares up' I just go to bed
roll.png

Is there a bump there??
Just wondering..cause i have pain in the same spot... but i had a little hard bump there too...
a nurse at work told me it was a gangelion(sp?) cyst...
it comes and goes..

Look into these three things: Applecider vinegar, stinging nettle extract and reishi mushrooms. Just Google them for the info as all of them can be helpful with inflamation from auto immune issues. You can take the first two in water; really simple. The reishi mushrooms need to be made into a tincture with alcohol (grain) to get the anti inflamatory effects.

I have arthritis. Going to see the rheumatologist this week, thank god. Three months+ for an appointment.

I take Ipubrofen as needed. Glucosamine daily.

I recently gave up all dairy. My arthritis symptoms declined drastically. During my readings about dairy allergy being related to arthritis, I did read that it is also responsible for Crohns in some cases. Perhaps do some reading and try to give up dairy for awhile? It literally took me less than a week to feel a bit better.

My hands- I get a terrible stiffness and what I can only describe as creakiness. Hand and joint messages do help. I have trouble opening anything now. Sometimes I have trouble holding things too. It sucks. It sucks bad. When I am home alone, if I cant open it, I am screwed. That is a terrible feeling.

Nope. No bump. I really did think I had bruised my hand. I'm forever banging into stuff. But after poking on it, it feels more like it is down in the bone. Thus the arthritis option. Owwie.

My mom and sister get those cysts periodically. They go in and have them aspirated. No problem.
Interestingly enough, my dog Lily is starting to get them too. She's six now.
sad.png

Quote:
I already do Remecaid (an arthritis drug) for the Crohns. It's good stuff.
I have also heard that dairy can be a cause. The sad thing is that I LOVE dairy. Love, love, LOVE it. I would have a very hard time giving it up. Cheese, glorious cheese.
smile.png

It is a bad feeling. It stinks when our bodies betray us.
hmm.png

hugs.gif
to you.

Quote:
I have heard good things about apple cider vinegar. The problem is that I hear you have to get the organic version, not the basic stuff you can get at the local grocery. I'll look up the others. Thanks!

Quote:
I have heard good things about apple cider vinegar. The problem is that I hear you have to get the organic version, not the basic stuff you can get at the local grocery. I'll look up the others. Thanks!

I have never made my own ACV, but I'm sure I could. I just Googled ACV recipes and this site looked about right:
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/how_to_make_apple_cider_vinegar.html
When you start incorporating natural remedies, be sure to drink enough water. Water is how the good stuff gets into our cells.

Back
Top Bottom