Talked to Dr at UC DAVIS Meraks

great advice, so where can I get older buff orpingtons?
smile.png
I guess only craigslist and then it sounds like it's still a gamble
sad.png

post in the wanted section of byc, I think your best bet is to research here and ask around to the various breeders and see who fits the bill for you. There is a good chance that you may only get eggs though and not pullets but if you look hard enough you should be able to find. Start by seeing who raises them and then check the feedback sections and ask around.

Good Luck, I hate Mareks it is eally horrible to deal with, nothing worse than loosing birds right before point of lay.... well I guess loosing any birds sucks but you know what I mean.

Stay clear of CraigsList.

Alamo Hay & Grain have chicks all year round. It sounds like you want older birds to get back into production, but you will be safer to go back and start from scratch. The chicks come from Best in Fresno and they are vaccinated. I have six of their chicks out in the nursery. Its been six weeks and they are settling in well.

I once read from a famous dog breeder, the best way to deal with the grief of a lost dog, it get a new puppy. It works well with chicks too! Everybody gets happy when spring comes during the dark winter months.

can someone give me the link to the WANTED section of BYC, I can't seem to locate it. I want to find some older 25+ weeks old girls

any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom