Tall single chickmomma seeks to expand her flock

Hello Chickenanne,

I wish you great luck in finding a companion, friend, lover what ever you are looking for. I'll share where I met my husband.

I was 17 years old, a friend wrote on a dollar bill for a hot date call DeeDee. A wonderful man called to tell me what was done. Weeks later he called back, we went out on a date, 6 months after that we were married.

This May 22 we will be celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary.

Love has a way of finding us sometimes. The very best of luck to you. Pay no mind to anyone's words of advise. Only listen to your own.

DeeDee

Best of luck Chickenannie !!! I thought your post was very cute...and I mean that in a good way.

Might I suggest you look for swaps or auctions in your area... I mean if they're hanging out at stuff like that they must like poultry right.

I know I belong to a Michigan based poultry forum... perhaps if you did a search on yahoo groups or delphi forums you could find something for your state.

Just some ideas you might want to check out.

Also if there is a breed you are interested in specially, maybe do a search for a breeder in your state... ya never know Mr. Right might be waiting for you to pull into his driveway to pick up a pullet or two...lol.

Julie
smile.png

Well, this has been VERY interesting...
I just put my heart and intention right out there for the whole chicken-lovin world to see and it's been a trip.

Just to clarify, countryboy, my ex-boytoy did not break up with me BECAUSE of my chickens, it was just something he didn't like. He also resented the time twice a day I spent taking care for them which probably tells you something else about him.

I do like the person's suggestion not to date someone who "doesn't like animals". That probably shows a cold heart.

And congrats to all of you who met your DH and DW online -- it takes guts to do it, but at least it mixes up the gene pool and makes us all a bit stronger! I liked hearing your stories.

Thanks for all the dating tips ... very good idea to START out with "do you like chickens?". Besides the chicken test, my friend used to tell her potential BF that her kitchen stove was broken. She swore that his reply to that comment was a very good test of his character and abilities!

Take care ya'all

I'm single too and the hardest part about where i go to college is finding someone who has the same interests as me. I come from a small farm town and I go to school near the shore. Guys think I'm insane when I say my favorite activities are horse back riding and poultry raising! I need to find myself a nice farm boy! LOL I'm in no rush, but you are completely right that it is wonderful to have someone by your side. I love being single for the most part, but it sure can get depressing when all your friends have boyfriends/girlfriends. Sometimes I just want a guy who's more than a friend!

Someone on this website I think has an avatar with the best quote. It is:

"Do what you love and you will find someone who loves the same thing. Don't look for love, beg for love, or suffer for love. ~Just Live~"

My hubby is a soccer playing city boy!
gig.gif
you never can tell....... NOW its a different story - and he talks to the chickens more than I do some days
gig.gif

So don't give up on every city boy - there are some out there who just don't KNOW chickens, and if given a chance will be just as loving and fun as a cowboy or country boy!

My hubby has only ever had dogs... I came along with CATs, and he loves them, then I added a horse, and he gets on better with her than I do..... heck even the ROOSTER thinks my hubby is ALL THAT and a bag of chips!

Good luck.

No matter your age though, always be careful when searching online. The internet can be a scary place as anyone can see what you post and it can come back to haunt you.

Sometimes meeting your SO just happens in the oddest ways. Like differential equations and arguing over whither or not there are fish in the campus fountain! I was right of course! LOL Hundreds of gold fish and a catfish too!

Hope you can find what you are looking for!

Don't discount the men that don't know chickens, or the city boys. My hubby was both, and now he is my number one enabler. He cuddles chickens just as much as me, and has left the doors of the house open for them to come in, thinks it's funny. We own a carpet cleaner and he got to 'practice' with it....

Back
Top Bottom