'TAME' Mandarin Ducks

Bonnierae123

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2019
I am inquiring to everyone out there: is there a market for tame Mandarin ducks. I mean tame as in NOT afraid of people. The ability to hand feed by strangers. Just plain social.
My question is......
- there a market for this?

I know people buy Mandarin juvenile ducks from hatcheries for about $350..... But they're NOT tame. They are wild and afraid.

What would a pond owner pay for a pair of tame Mandarin ducks?

Just curious
This is just one video I created documenting their training

Are they hardy in our climate?
Looked at your website.....nice koi pond, would like to see more about that.
Thank you. The koi pond will never freeze due and stay in low 40s during cold months due to the the house heat / cooling. Fresh water dispenses from that into the pond all year round. We also provide shelter and an automated feeder year round.

The koi pond will never freeze due and stay in low 40s during cold months due to the the house heat / cooling.
Any posts/threads/blogs anywhere online about the build and filters and heating of pond?
I dabbled in ornamental ponds quite a few years ago, spent much time studying them on various pond forums.

No there isn't. This is a personal design created by my husband. He is a commercial builder /designer and designed this.
The base of our has six filter Chambers below. To clean a chamber you simply lift up a panel and drains through the drainage di
tch into the woods. The pond water turns over several times a day for clean crystal clear water.

I may have more pictures of the pond on these sites. It's been a while since I have posted to the while raising these ducks and gardening.
Northern Garden Gems - you tube
Tropicgardengems.com

Attachments

• 15597345292262300624181905381780.jpg
    15597345292262300624181905381780.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 35
No there isn't. This is a personal design created by my husband. He is a commercial builder /designer and designed this.
The base of our has six filter Chambers below. To clean a chamber you simply lift up a panel and drains through the drainage di
tch into the woods. The pond water turns over several times a day for clean crystal clear water.

I may have more pictures of the pond on these sites. It's been a while since I have posted to the while raising these ducks and gardening.
Tropicgardengems.com

And the pumps are inside the far back that has hinged lids for easy access. The deck is made of ipe wood.
Thought I should mention that there is absolutely zero smell, just the sounds of a little running water that come from beneath the deck floor

Tropicgardengems.com
Yeah, already strolled thru you website and youtube...didn't see any details on pond.
Stone work is awesome and that bridge, WOW!
The photos and vids are lovely and funny.....but....
Am interested in the nuts and bolts of pond build, piping, filters, etc.
No worries, am just curious so always ask...Have Fun!

Back
Top Bottom