Taming Ducks

I put my ducks together when they were the same size. In that case the campbells were almost grown and the saxony, being bigger ducks, were a lot younger. So there was some bullying by the campbells, but I stuck up for the then little ducklings, and chased the big ducks away so they could have a chance to eat, swim, etc. After a while, they got used to each other. Now they are still separate flocks, so you will not see gertrude hanging out with the campbells while the other saxonies are off somewhere else, but they forage together and eat together.
And the saxony boys will chase the campbell girls, ans the campbell boys will chase the saxony girls, and the boys will chase each other back and forth, but they're all friends.
Dont know if that whole long story will help.

UPDATE:
My ducklings are almost 100 days! 95 today. They're getting along well with the call ducks, and the call ducks are warming up a bit. They're not more friendly, but they're certainly less skittish. They got a big pen expansion, and hopefully there will be more ducklings in the spring. Thanks to you all! The treats worked well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom