Tan eggs, now green!

Yep I agree with everybody, she just layed her first egg. Although I did have an EE that layed whiteish looking eggs at first, then her eggs were very blue later on.

Looks like an EE, not terribly dissimilar to ours in coloration.
smile.png

Thank you for the compliment on my "pretty EE"! She's always been my favorite. I named her Bossy because from day-old, she was the biggest and the most assertive.

A few weeks after I moved them out to their "big girl" coop (I'd say they were 3 months), something happened and the ramp to the hen house was down and Bossy was limping badly. I was very upset, and had to go out to the coop every night to lift her up into the hen house as she couldn't get up the ramp on her own. I was dreading having to put her down if she didn't improve.

The night when I went out to put her to bed and found her not only in the hen house, but up on a roost, I was so happy!

Quote:
If ya got her from a hatchery she is an EE. You said you have 2 EEs so the other is not laying or is laying a brown or tan egg. By the way shes very pretty!!

Last edited:
Congrats! We are still waiting on one of our EEs who looks very similar. She was hatched 4/1. All these new EE layers are rekindling my hope that she will get with the program!

Back
Top Bottom