***tan Tax***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people that vote evidently don't get tans. Or maybe tanning beds are considered a sin tax, like alcohol and tobacco.

Don't tax you. Don't tax me. Tax that man behind the tree.

I agree with Dar's basic premise, Devil's advocate or not, that people who use certain services should be the ones to pay for them, whether directly or indirectly. I really don't mind paying my own way and, since I was given the freedom and opportunity where I was born to get a good education, work hard, and live fairly well because of that, I am wiling to pay a bit or those that really need it. Notthe freeloaders, but those that really need it. I know government needs to raise some money to provide basic services, (think police, fire, military) but I wish they would stop using my grandchildren's money to buy votes in the current election year.

Sorry, but I am getting sick of all the new taxes..................Only thing they need now, is to taxes me in my grave.

that is in place too, called estate tax, they have put into place a waive that estate tax for 2010. if you die in 2010, nothing will be effected/no tax. BUT in 2011, they have a 55% tax on your estate if you die that year. People who are near death are planning to 'die' in 10 to avoid the heavy taxation in '11. Keep in mind, this is taxation on money that you save, money that has already been taxed...now they get 55 % ( 2011) it is INSANE.​

with all of the news covering urban chicken farming lately, you can bet that a tax will soon follow. watch the price of feed shoot up as well. it's coming. as for voting...what's the point? there is no such thing as an honest politician. every one of them are corrupt. you just vote for the lessor of the evils. or do you....

Quote:
that is in place too, called estate tax, they have put into place a waive that estate tax for 2010. if you die in 2010, nothing will be effected/no tax. BUT in 2011, they have a 55% tax on your estate if you die that year. People who are near death are planning to 'die' in 10 to avoid the heavy taxation in '11. Keep in mind, this is taxation on money that you save, money that has already been taxed...now they get 55 % ( 2011) it is INSANE.

I would expect nothing less from our government.

Quote:
Yes I alway vote for the person, but look how the heath bill vote went, right down the party lines, makes me sick, If they are going to vote the party lines, heck why even have a vote, just go by the party in power.....Cant tell me they all feel the same...We need term limits for congress also.......

I pay about 30 % tax, plus all the hidden tax.

Like city tax, those who vote for it are those who live in the city, but if you work in that city you have no vote on these new city taxes.

Last edited:
The feds are not alone!!

Here in Washington State, small businesses are gettin hit with increases in virtually all state taxes.

Seems we cant let small businesses prosper in a down economy, that would create jobs and such.

Quote:
they already do tax you once in the grave, did you ever see how much an estate is taxed? its crazy you work all your life and pay taxes every year then when you die the sme money that was already taxed is taxed again.

I guess the tanners now have something to complain about which is a bit of a relief for us smokers who spend more money on the tax than the smokes themselves.
he.gif

I just got a new assessment on my house and they said the value went up $17,000. Went from $125,000-$142,000! Well to say the least I got a letter from my bank stating my house payments are going up almost $40.00 a month. I know this is a local thing but its not just federal or state but local as well. Around here NO house will sell and I dont see how my home has gone up in value AGAIN. All i know 2 years ago my business was doing well and my wife was in real estate doing ok. Now she works part time at the TSC and my business is showing a loss at the end of the year. All I can tell others is just hang on tight.

Brandon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom