Tanyizzle's Garage-Side Coop

tanyizzle

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Saratoga County, NY
4x16 coop, run underneath, which will extend out the far end and wrap around the garage. Built in external egg boxes. Still under construction... hopefully it'll be done this week (if it stops raining long enough to put in more than 3 nails)... suggestions more than welcome.

startingpoint.jpg

basedone.jpg

photo9.JPG

photo8.JPG

lowerframe.jpg

upperframe.jpg

photo-5.JPG

roofwork.jpg

lastend2.jpg

last34.jpg

Updates will come as we make more progress.

One flaw is the coop too close to the house or shed. If you want to paint or replace the wood, it would be a problem.

Question: Is there a ladder for them to get to the run? How are they getting there? This is exactly what I need to build so any info is appreciated! How far off the ground is it? I have some wood to work with and had considered the cement deck blocks but had trouble visualizing it so thanks for the pics. Just need to know length of boards in cement blocks. Is the idea to open the doors and sweep out waste? Last one, promise! Did you have plans for this, blueprints or anything?
Thanks again!

OK, nix the ladder question, I feel like an idiot! Went back & saw how clear the pics were about the ladder! It's been a long day!

Back
Top Bottom