tao's incubator build notes

thumbsup.gif

I decided to add a window. I'm not a carpentry expert, and only have moderate knowledge of electricity, but I'm still way better at getting that stuff done than the motor/automatic turner process.
My brother helped me come up with some ideas to improve the mobility of the turner without using thrust bearings. He's a mechanic, so I should be able to get that done soon. I will try some options and report back.

I couldn't leave the window alone. It had to be prettier. I finally finished wiring the lights and thermostat. Unfortunately I may have to fix the sensor. It wasn't reading correctly so I will figure that out in the morning.

The incubator is wonderful so far. Turning eggs takes two seconds 5+ times a day because I don't have the motor perfected yet. The temps are staying within a tight range. Eggs are developing embryos. I haven't run it dry yet so humidity is staying in the 40% area. After I get the last wonky Brabanter out to the hatcher on Monday I'll take out the water. Then I'll have 3 dark brown eggs and 4 blue eggs that will be on Day 10 and an unknown number of Brabanter on Day 7. Then I can try to balance the humidity to a happy weight loss#. White eggs lose weight at a more rapid pace than my brown or blue eggs. Shipped eggs with wonky air cells complicate this. I'm still working out many things but I'm feeling optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom