Tap dancing chick

VonTheChickenMom

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2023
I bought 3 day old chicks from Meyers hatchery. They arrived Thursday. They all looked healthy, clear eyed and clean. On Friday night one of my sapphire jewels started tap dancing. 2 days later and it has become a consistent spasm. She is still eating, drinking and otherwise healthy. Has anyone else experienced this before? The birds were vaccinated, maybe a reaction to vaccination?

Can you post a video of what the chick is doing? Is the chick eating and drinking on it's own, normal droppings? Make sure it's drinking and hydrated. With nothing else to go on I would give some b complex vitamins (human ones, brand doesn't matter, make sure it contains thiamine and riboflavin in particular), 1/4 tablet daily, grind it up and mix in a tiny bit of moistened feed so it will stick, and let the chick eat it. Also some vitamin E, just puncture the capsule and drip onto the beak or mix into the feed also.

Can you post a video of what the chick is doing? Is the chick eating and drinking on it's own, normal droppings? Make sure it's drinking and hydrated. With nothing else to go on I would give some b complex vitamins (human ones, brand doesn't matter, make sure it contains thiamine and riboflavin in particular), 1/4 tablet daily, grind it up and mix in a tiny bit of moistened feed so it will stick, and let the chick eat it. Also some vitamin E, just puncture the capsule and drip onto the beak or mix into the feed also.
Hi, it wasn't letting me post the video I took. I posted the video to Reddit. All other chicken functions seem to be normal. I will try adding the the vitamins and see if that helps. Thank you.

https://reddit.com/r/BackYardChickens/s/lx9pwrHxw7

Back
Top Bottom