Tasty Parmesan Chicken

chicken-wish

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 27, 2012
This is a recipe I made up with no former knowledge of how to make a parmesan chicken recipe. This is my family and friends new favorite dish that I've just come up with this last few months. I have no true measurements for most of my ingredients so please bare with me.

Ingredients:

Glass Carole Dish or Glass Baking Pan
Chicken cuts of choice
Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing
Basil
Tyme
Oregano
Rubbed Sage
Minced Garlic (you can use the quick dry type or have some fresh set aside)
Chopped Onion (same as garlic, you can use the dry or fresh)
Pepper
Salt
1 Egg
1Tbl water or milk
Parmesan Cheese Shredded
1Tbl Butter (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 or my oven works best at 375.Remove skin and fats from chicken cuts, set aside. Put enough Stuffing to coat the amount of chicken your cooking in a blender and crumb. Pour crumbs into bowl. Add basil, tyme, orango and rubbed sage on top of crumbs until each one is coated evenly across top of crumbs (or to taste), add salt, pepper, garlic (if dry) and onion (if dry) to taste (I usually don't even add salt to mine because it seems to taste just as good without it to me), mix contents well. In a separate bowl mix with a fork or wisk 1 egg with 1 tbl. water or milk until creamy looking. Take chicken cuts and coat well with egg on both sides and then in crumb mixture, coat well. Place in either a caserole dish or glass pan, if you had fresh garlic and onion now is the time to add this to the top of the cuts, dot with butter (optional). Add parmesan cheese now for crispier cheese or for melted cheese add half way to three quarters of the way through. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Make sure to check meat before serving to be sure it's cooked through. Serve with potato wedges and a salad. Enjoy!

I hope you get as much enjoyment out of the this recipe as my family has. I thought I would share it the great people of BYC who I know will apreaciate this the most. Let me know if you like it, and please don't be afraid to share any alterations you liked too.
smile.png

Last edited:
All I can say is yummmmm!
love.gif
Sorry, I was so long getting back to this, I have a busy schedual right now. I should have taken some pictures, but I didn't think of it. What I liked best about this is that it's a very quick and easy recipie that is both tasty and pretty healthy at the same time. I cooked three chicken thighs and a two breasts. I removed the skin and the fat as best I could with my hands. I did my best to follow the crumb instructions and just added the seasonongs to my own taste. The preperation time was litteraly (sp) only about ten minutes tops, with looking at the directions I wrote down a lot as I went. The bottom of the pan had barely anything as far as fats in the bottom and yet the meat (both thighs and breast) was extremely moist. I didn't have the potatoe wedges, just the side salad, and it was a great meal! I personally feel this is a good recipie for the person who's always in a hurry and needs a quick prep time type meal.

Thanks for sharing that chicken-wish!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom