taxing your mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pox on all politicians! Better yet, how about taking away the free luxury autos the taxpayers provide for people like Charlie Rangel. Even better yet, how about making the fat cats pay up on their years of owed taxes, like Charlie Rangel. How does the IRS overlook years of missed taxes by these guys? No problem finding the little guy!

Maybe we could also make our wealthy citizens bring home their wealth from the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, etc. I've read that the Kennedys have their wealth off-shore. Whether they do or not, both parties are guilty.

Instead of a mileage tax, how about cutting way down the money and perks the former presidents get. I say their offices should now be in their home state library, not footed by the taxpayer in a high priced building!

Isn't it amazing how many savings we citizens can find instead of a mileage tax?

Politicians are not going to give up their perks. They are going to go after more perks while growing the government and we are going to foot the bill.

What's the big deal with GPS in a car? If you got a cell phone they can already find you within a block of your location if they really want to, and alot of them have GPS now too. At least this way if a car is stolen or someone gets lost in the back woods they'll be able to track them.

I'm not nearly as concerned with GPS tracking than say the wire taps, internet data mining, warrantless property searches that's went on for the last 7 or 8 years.

I think the idea was that if they can monitor your mileage with a gps........they can tax you for the miles you drive.

I think most of us already know cars and phones come with gps units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom