Tea Drinkers?

@AvocadoAbi @Nabiki - where could you find boba tea at? Another one I've never tried but heard lots about.
I've made boba tea, but it's a pain. There are a lot of restaurants in my area that serve it, though. Try Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese restaurants. A lot of coffee/tea shops are starting to carry it too since it's finally getting popular in the US.

@Isadora T, do you brew your own? I couldn't afford to drink as much as I do if I had to buy it all!
We haven't for a couple years, but I'd like to get back into it eventually. My husband makes the best! My batches never tasted as good as his.
We don't buy it very often, just because it is very expensive.

So a small update, I finally put a bit of my learning to the test. I didn't have a great brand to use, just what was on hand, but I did put a bag of black tea in my cup. Brought filtered water to a rolling boil, poured into the cup with the bag, and sat for 5 minutes.

One of my biggest mistakes in years past was not knowing any better, and squeezing the tea bag after I steeped. Apparently, this causes it to be quite bitter - no wonder I didn't enjoy it!

Had a sip afterwards and I was thrilled to not find that bitterness. Added 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp milk and made myself a pleasant drink. I am going to try again tomorrow with Stevia perhaps instead of sugar. I can generally use less of it for a sweetness.

I am going to try again tomorrow with Stevia perhaps instead of sugar. I can generally use less of it for a sweetness.
The Sweetleaf raspberry (Rubus chingi suavissimus) leaf can also be used instead of stevia - it is a raspberry/blackberry that has been used for centuries in Southeast China to make the delicious medicinal drink "Sweet tea Tian-cha". The leaves contain a substance that is approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar and, unlike stevia, is not bitter. A healthy natural sweetener. The plant is used, for example, to treat hay fever and inflammation, which is supported by many studies.👍

Back
Top Bottom