tea leaves & coffee grounds

Great answers and advice! Thank you all very much. Worms and Magnolias will be very happy!
Happy days!

I use my tea and coffee grinds in my worm bed and compost piles. But I also throw a few occasionally in the pen. They scratch around it but don't seem to eat it. I put it in there sometimes because I use the litter from the chicken pen as mulch and compost. I use the deep litter method so the manure is not too concentrated . I don't think they would eat enough to hurt them as they don't seem to like it. I don't use a whole lot in the coop though , so I don't know how large amounts would be. But grinds and old tea are wonderful for plants.

Oh MY! I dont want to imagine what my chickens would do on caffeine!
hide.gif
They are nuts already!
wee.gif

Quote:
Some of mine are a little nuts too. I think in addition to the coffee grounds and tea bags , maybe I should throw some "Weeds" in there to calm them down.
gig.gif

I have a follow-up question: What about herbal tea? At least what I have does not have caffeine in it and is mostly flower based. I have some that I just wanted to try and did not like. It came in pouches so that you would have to use a tea ball, couldn't I just spread some of it out on the ground with the seed i give them to scratch for? Would welcome any advice.

Back
Top Bottom