Teacher claims 6 year old beat him up, can't return to work.

All I can think is Cowboy up and quit trying to milk the system! What a fraud.............the bigger injustice will be if his allegations are supported.

If he gets disability I'd personally love to stalk him for the rest of his life to catch him doing something he's "disabled" from doing and nail his butt!

Sensationalist headline. The kid kicked him in the knee hard enough to give a meniscus tear and an avulsion fracture in the ankle. Recuperating from those injuries can take a while, especially in an occupation where you have to be on your feet. Unfortunately teachers do have do deal with little mosters all the time and are sometimes limited by what they can do. I don't agree with the counseling angle, but the recovery would be enough to put on off for a while.

To quote the parents response.
Carpio’s parents deny that their son is a “tiny terror” but acknowledge he is now taking medication to help him focus.
“To every mother, their child is an angel,” Josefa Marcia da Silva, 33, told the Post. “I know that he has problems, but he doesn’t deserve to be called such names…He is getting help, and he is much better now.”

Sounds like a little monster to me.

From the NY Post article:
Quote: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/he_kicked_his_teacher_***_oRcHY0BTqaqDVI148eOm4N

After frequent reports of football players having bad joints, I don't find it all too surprising that a good kick, even from a 6 year old, could do some serious damage. That takes time to heal, as well as psychological damage.

Put yourself in his shoes for a few minutes and think to yourself 'I'm a 44 year old man, 5'10", former footballer, had to have taken numerous hard hits for years without backing down, and a 6 year old nearly disables me with a couple well placed kicks."
Are you telling me that isn't emotionally devastating?
I doubt he was using his full ability to restrain the kid, thinking to himself 'This little guy is just 6, no need to get heavy handed'. Then the kid starts throwing kicks and biting and what's the teacher to do, huh? Can't hit the kid back, can't properly restrain him because kiddo could get hurt, can't do much more than hope he calms down.

What's ridiculous is that students of all ages quite often get away with harassing and assaulting teachers.

I don't think there's any question about the kid being disruptive. But to to receive counseling and say you are too psychologically damaged to continue working? Hardly. Also, the man isn't 44, he's 27. He wants a payday, doesn't want to have to work for his money. This is just a convenient excuse. He's had 6 months off, how long does he have to milk this thing? Until he gets a settlement?

I don't think there's any question about the kid being disruptive. But to to receive counseling and say you are too psychologically damaged to continue working? Hardly. Also, the man isn't 44, he's 27. He wants a payday, doesn't want to have to work for his money. This is just a convenient excuse. He's had 6 months off, how long does he have to milk this thing? Until he gets a settlement?
this exactly.

I've been bitten, scratched, kicked, punched, clawed, had my hair grabbed, pinched, various female parts groped, spat on, puked on, and had a colostomy erupt on me. Sorry, all in a day's work, I've been a nurse for 20 years. I'm still dragging my butt to work each day with my tired back and sarcastic mouth and making a living. He's just looking for a free ride.

The kid kicked him in the shin and leg. Could have done damage. I know that teachers are afraid to even touch a kid, so he was probably just taking it all the way to the principals office. He might be milking the system, but I have worked in public schools and some kids really do cause big problems, and the administration really can't do anything about it.

There is a problem with too many people these days.... With kids too....

When I was a kid, I knew better than to mouth off or even consider hitting a teacher. Hello! WHAT!? Yeah, but that was back when parents didn't have to worry that they'd go to jail, and before psychologists started touting the "don't spank, it is emotionally damaging" rehetoric. I got spanked when I was a kid. I didn't get beaten, but my mom and my dad sure were not afraid to give me a good smack on the rear end when I needed it. Also, when I was in grade school, we knew what a paddle was. Oh yeah. Got a whack with that one time... I am not damaged in the brain from it. Heck, I needed it. I was not a tiny terror, but I sure knew how to get in trouble. I have a 6 year old now. Were he to behave like that in school, there'd be consequences. I wouldn't take him to a councelor to get him on medications.

If I were a teacher and I were injured by a kid, I don't think I'd sue the school. Heck, that's just messed up and then some. How was the school responsible for this kids behavior? I might sue the parents since they had a problem child and they knew it and it took an injured teacher to even "fix" the problem. I agree on the man up and get over it. Go see a shrink if you need to. But why the heck should you take a free ride on tax payers dime? We've got enough to pay for as it is in this entitlement driven society. If you can't go back to work at the school, get a different job away from kids.

If the kid was that violent he should have not been in a regular public school..or at least not in regular classes..

My brother was like that... He was a big kid, and he'd get mad and attack the playground attendant because she'd take other kids sides when those kids would pick on him. He was a big boy with severe eye deformaties. Smart kid though, but people were just mean. My mom ended up having to put him in a selective school after the second incedent. When I say a big kid, I mean big. He was nearly 5 feet tall by the time he was 7, weighed a bit over 100 pounds. Big ox. Now he's 6'6 and about 275. We say he's half sasquatch. But as a kid, that sort of thing is out of the norm, and kids can be mean. Because he was so big, he was immediately the one in the wrong. SO anyway, the behaviour was not tolerated and he ended up at a more appropriate school for him.
Thats what they need to do with this kid.

Back
Top Bottom