Teaching a class about urban chickens and could use a little help!

If you want to interest them, put what benefits chickens could give to them:

Talk about how chickens are easier, cheaper, and more productive to keep and raise than any other live stock animal.

If you live in a hot place, put more heat tolerant breeds in your breeds slides.

Add how eggs from their backyard are healthier than store bought, include the different colors of eggs that each breed lays.

Include that you dont have to have a big coop in the yard to keep chickens, a small pen will do

You could also have a slide or two about how meat chickens and and battery cage egg laying hens are treated in big companies, so they know that keeping chickens in the yard is better and not cruel.

Great points. I agree.

They are very entertaining we all enjoy them help with stress relief for us.
Grand kids are learning a lot having these chickens here for us it's different than pets.
Chickens are good 4-h projects.
I like them for the exercise and as a hobby it gets me outside and off the computer chair.
They eat weed seeds!

my step daughter is doing girl scouts with her mom but my daughter is only 3. once shes 5 shes already going into 4h and scouts. scouts is fun and touches on a bunch of topics but 4h teaches more stuff that matters in depth lol.

Back
Top Bottom