Teacup sized bantam, possibly a roo? does it stop?

Chick-InnOwner

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
So, tonight i went to cuddle my "sweet" little bantam named "chicken" dumpling. Ive assumed a roo because since (s)he was 3 weeks old, they have always challenged me! straight up head down butt up ruffled feathers death glare at me!! I thought it got better. It didn't..now (s)he bites! and hard!!! I mean, will not let go, drew blood hard. I couldn't tell if it was hopping on my hand or humping it. (s)he's now 6-7? weeks old and seems to have stopped getting bigger, like my 5-week old chicks are bigger than it, and they fit in one hand. Idk how to sex a silver laced cochin roo...but I'm assuming that's what I have, and i really wanna either train them to be nicer or I'm gonna have to do something. Suggestions??

So, tonight i went to cuddle my "sweet" little bantam named "chicken" dumpling. Ive assumed a roo because since (s)he was 3 weeks old, they have always challenged me! straight up head down butt up ruffled feathers death glare at me!! I thought it got better. It didn't..now (s)he bites! and hard!!! I mean, will not let go, drew blood hard. I couldn't tell if it was hopping on my hand or humping it. (s)he's now 6-7? weeks old and seems to have stopped getting bigger, like my 5-week old chicks are bigger than it, and they fit in one hand. Idk how to sex a silver laced cochin roo...but I'm assuming that's what I have, and i really wanna either train them to be nicer or I'm gonna have to do something. Suggestions??
Pics plz?

Pics plz?
20200618_105400.jpg
20200618_104338.jpg
20200618_104344.jpg

thought so. idk what to do with him. he's so so tiny and so dang vicious lol :(

He pecks you....peck him back. Use the tip of your finger and give him a peck to his back or the back of his head. It is where another rooster would peck him.

Make him respect your space. When you approach he needs to back up.

Personally I only had issues with a group of silkie cockerels. I sold them for half what I had paid for them just to be rid of them.

If you did not plan on a rooster or don't particularly like this one consider giving him away.........

Or you could try and wait it out a while to see if maturity improves his attitude.

Do you have a flock of adults (females no rooster in the flock)?
Sometimes adult hens will straighten them out.

He pecks you....peck him back. Use the tip of your finger and give him a peck to his back or the back of his head. It is where another rooster would peck him.

Make him respect your space. When you approach he needs to back up.

Personally I only had issues with a group of silkie cockerels. I sold them for half what I had paid for them just to be rid of them.

If you did not plan on a rooster or don't particularly like this one consider giving him away.........

Or you could try and wait it out a while to see if maturity improves his attitude.

Do you have a flock of adults (females no rooster in the flock)?
Sometimes adult hens will straighten them out.
I only have 3 bantams, that are apparently all rose. the rest are all full-sized or large breeds, he's legit just the size of my hand and I have 8 cockerels and only plan on keeping 2 so... he's gonna be part off my re homes I think

I only have 3 bantams, that are apparently all rose. the rest are all full-sized or large breeds, he's legit just the size of my hand and I have 8 cockerels and only plan on keeping 2 so... he's gonna be part off my re homes I think

I fully understand the dilemma. I have a silver laced bantam cochin hen and a black one too. Yup they are tiny. So tiny my black one is named Itty Bitty.

I would not keep a snotty jerk either.

He's sooo cute...definitely a male.

Sounds like you have a pretty big flock. Try posting some more pictures of your other chickens!

Just curious where you are located?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom