Team Duck or Team Chicken?

Geese.
hide.gif

I prefer ducks over chickens though. My ducks are extremely messy but have always had much better personalities than chickens.

LOL! i have never had geese mind you i guess the scovies are closer than anything else here.. definitely not the calls.
lol.png

right now at the moment...DUCKS! but once the Leghorns start laying, my favoritism will change.

LOL but i think that is the heart of the issue, both have positives and negatives... truly depends on your expectations and needs. Ducks have definitely become way more popular in the last few years as more awareness of their qualities beyond the table as known.

Last edited:
LOL! i have never had geese mind you i guess the scovies are closer than anything else here.. definitely not the calls.
lol.png
I adore scovies.
love.gif
. My scovy drake was such a sweetheart but unfortunately very bird aggressive for some reason.

As pets?

Ducks. They have more interesting personalities and are hilarious to watch. Such ridiculous creatures - waddling, shaking their butts, bobbing their heads, standing on one foot, and the quacking...

As livestock?

Chickens hands-down. Much easier to care for.

Ducks. I had chickens years ago. Ducks are sweeter, funnier, and less damaging in my garden. They lay better for me as well but I have the Golden 300 hybrids that are like laying machines. I have really rainy winters and chickens here look none to happy with mud. My ducks live for mud. So I prefer ducks for many reasons.

It is true that chickens are easier to clean up after at least mine were. If I moved somewhere dry I would probably get chickens but I would miss my ducks.

Back
Top Bottom