Teenager refuses to kill her chicken for a class project

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
In which case you should not sign up for a class in computer design. If you don't want to know how your food is raised and processed DO NOT take classes on that subject.

Others who are interested in them should be able to do so if they want them.

personally i wouldnt nor would/did my children or there children a case of each to there own trade/lifestyle somethings are better left for our children to choose when they are adults to do based on there own opinions​

Quote:

Well..well.. THAT sheds another light on the matter...
lol.png

Not really. Plenty of adults make things up when they feel the need to protect themselves. I am not going to believe his version of events just because he's a teacher, or just because he is an adult. He has an agenda, too. He wants to protect his reputation, protect his job, and keep from getting sued. Anything of this type should be documented in writing. There should have been class handouts, lesson plans filed with the school, etc. IN fact, any project that involves the death of live vertebrate animals should CLEARLY have received clearance from the school administration at some point. If not, then that school has major problems. And, such a project SHOULD have required parental notification -- and permission, as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. The school district is at fault if they don't have rules requiring this.

Last edited:
The simple fact is that at 15 or 16, I don't know about anyone else, but....I wasn't really paying attention.

Pay attention? PLAN something? Ask a teacher for an option? Know what you're going to feel and do 30 seconds or more ahead of time?

I probably would have thought 'no problem' or 'WHAT-ev' or 'What-did-he-say?' (and the kid next to me would say, 'I dunno') and when I got to it, done basically what this kid did. Or something stupider.

Of course there is a darker possibility. She's a member of <Organization that Must not be Named>, planned the whole thing from the start stole the chicken to make a political statement (elect someone in <Organization that Must not be Named), that's why she didn't ask for an option.

Or....an even DARKER...DARKER possibility....SHE IS A TEENAGER.

Last edited:
thats kinda what i was going at with the cow milk thing the eggs thing you here oh to offten
Quote:
I learn to kill chicken when i was a preteen , from my grandmother. You said you like to eat chicken....well the one you stole is only for meat

Sorry you have no right to steal chicken because they are going to be butcher. You even said you wished you had taken more. No you don't have to kill one....

As far as teens knowing where meat ,milk,and eggs come from....seen alot of adults today that don't know all the facts. Like only cows that have had a calf will give milk (calf taken to produce veal) Hens will produce eggs without roosters.....so yes I am sure not all teens know about how meat,milk ,and eggs are produced.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well..well.. THAT sheds another light on the matter...
lol.png

Not really. Plenty of adults make things up when they feel the need to protect themselves. I am not going to believe his version of events just because he's a teacher, or just because he is an adult. He has an agenda, too. He wants to protect his reputation, protect his job, and keep from getting sued. Anything of this type should be documented in writing. There should have been class handouts, lesson plans filed with the school, etc. IN fact, any project that involves the death of live vertebrate animals should CLEARLY have received clearance from the school administration at some point. If not, then that school has major problems. And, such a project SHOULD have required parental notification -- and permission, as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. The school district is at fault if they don't have rules requiring this.

USD 333 Superintendent of Schools Bev Mortimer said she knew about the class project, and thought Hamilton was trying to give his students a hands-on experience.

He had the OK from the big boss man so he has no reason to worry so I'm going to take is word for it over someone who has made it clear she wants the class shut down because of her morals. But maybe that's just me.​

can you explain how come you see it that way boyd? i'm not arguing. i'm actually interested in your opinion because i value your point of view. it also sounds like i missed some information - I didn't read all the pages. can you explain a little more?

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't know what you are referencing
smile.png
I took a step back from this one really
smile.png

OK,,,
I get the sense that some folks who's opinion I generally respect seem "uneasy"
SO I am going to ask Whitney or some one that speaks for her a question???:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::: Is it "OK" for ME to slaughter chickens in a manner I find respectful of the creatures life, and consume the energy/nutrition of the bird, to sustane my family?
Mind you I am not suggesting this is OK in school or anything.g.

Be well
ON

Last edited:
Quote:
She said that she liked to eat chicken BEFORE this project. She's also stated on her FB page that since this project neither she nor her family has eaten chicken or any other meat.

Concordia has a population that is less than 6,000 people. I'd imagine that a higher % of teens there know where food comes from than students in, say, Chicago or San Francisco, where few have ever seen or been on a farm.

Quote:
She said that she liked to eat chicken BEFORE this project. She's also stated on her FB page that since this project neither she nor her family has eaten chicken or any other meat.

Concordia has a population that is less than 6,000 people. I'd imagine that a higher % of teens there know where food comes from than students in, say, Chicago or San Francisco, where few have ever seen or been on a farm.

Sorry I said I was not going to post... But deerman's bold statement irritates me deeply. Only for meat?? That sounds extremely biased.. Is that not the same line of thinking edited to remove comments//// WOW..... WOULD IT HAVE BEEN OK IF IT WAS A HERITAGE BREED CHICKEN???????????????????????????????????? or does the birds genetic make up predetermine its outcome??
(And I do not want to hear the crap that it's a chicken... Replace that with dog, cat or whatever pet is it OK then?)

WOW..
ON

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom