Teenager refuses to kill her chicken for a class project

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, as for all the people in this thread going on about how this was so WRONG for her to take the bird.

Let's say someone was going to behead a puppy or a kitten. Would it have been okay for her to take that animal and run?

It would still be "theft" after all...

Quote:
Well...then... she'll have to THEN make the decision to either kill it herself... or bring it to a vet and have it done humanely. (when and IF that time comes)
I highly doubt she'll just let it sit there and suffer with no working legs...
lets not be dramatic about this...
But..Yes, it WAS wrong to steal the bird though...

IF that time comes do you think she'd be able to have to bird put down? Even by someone else?

I would hope so...
She seems to really care about the chicken... and if you care about an animal..you dont let it suffer.
So... i'm hoping so...

Quote:
Of course not, whats the difference between a puppy or kitten and a chicken? It would still be theft

Quote:
Would it be ok for her to steal a dog being put down for a good reason....HECK NO try to put killing by beheading for shock facter ???...chicken are killed that way true.

Quote:
What about what is right for the bird??

Why not address that with a lot of people on this board who don't take adequate precautions for the health and safety of their animals? There are COUNTLESS threads in the predator section that could be the start of that discussion. Attack after attack by fluffy the family pooch who would never have harmed a feather off the head of a bird, then suddenly goes berserk and kills one, two, or ten birds -- or the whole flock.

Thread after thread about people who let their birds free-range, then come in whining and crying about hawks, coyotes, fox, dogs, etc.

Perhaps instead of so many people venting so much anger at a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD who extended the life of one chicken through whatever means she felt she could, they could go vent at people posting in the predator forum whose own actions at not taking care of their animals properly helped endanger not just one bird, but an entire flock.

If you read those thread ,then you know people do . Myself I have.

LEGALLY it wouldnt be wrong, but for most people it would be ETHICALLY wrong.
Quote:
Nope still wrong to steal it.... Just so you know cats an dogs are still perfectly legal food animals in the US so killing them to eat is not wrong.

Yeah, gotta admit, it is hard not to love 'em ......
I wonder if we are related? We could be, ya know ..... They do show a family resemblance, I think ...

31282_7-21-10_013.jpg

31282_7-23-10_292.jpg

Last edited:
They dont look in all that great of shape, where is their feathers? I've known soil to be the cause to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom