Teenagers and rules??

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
OK the cast is like this Teen 1 and teens 3 through 4 her friends. (All are 15 and 16)
Dad and Grandma and grandpa.

So teen1 lives with her mother but asked Dad if she could come over - he has a pool. Soon she requests that 3 friends come over too. Their parents drop them off without speaking to dad.

They all spend the night, and the next day teen1 and teen 2 arrange to go to the beach. Teens 3 and 4 are "supposed" to be waiting for a pick up. No one shows.
hu.gif

So teens 3 and 4 spend the entire day in the home of teen 1's dad with grandpa and grandma. The kids never speak to the adults. The adults never question the kids about what they are doing or what their plans are. The kids go into the kitchen and make themselves food, go back to teen 1's room and eat and watch TV. Teen 1 comes home after 10 PM! The group spends the night again.
th.gif

Now, forgive me if there is something seriously wrong on all counts here. Who drops their kid at some one's house for 3 days without speaking to the parents?!?!
What parents let two kids they barely know simply hang around for an undetermined amount of time with no questions whatsoever?? WTH?

I raised major questions about this and was told that I don't understand today's teens.
rant.gif

?!?!?! Sorry, this is simply not happening in my house or with my kids. I don't care .
old.gif
But does this sound normal to any of you??

Yep. My parents have a lot of trust in me. As long as I am not being dragged home by the cops and I still get things done around the house they could care less.

Quote:
Is it they have alot of trust or they could care less??

These parents did not know who was in the house or who was ensuring their kids safety. These are teenage girls!
hit.gif
Does no one really worry what will happen to them? When I pressed for information because I know that teen2's family knows this family pretty well, I learned that the dad etc did not even know what the one girl's name was!

What if she had a problem? What if they got into something they should not have on the computer couldn't this family be held liable? What if she choked ona rpetzel for god's sake? You have a minor in your house and you don't know who she is?

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Is it they have alot of trust or they could care less??

These parents did not know who was in the house or who was ensuring their kids safety. These are teenage girls!
hit.gif
Does no one really worry what will happen to them? When I pressed for information because I know that teen2's family knows this family pretty well, I learned that the dad etc did not even know what the one girl's name was!

What if she had a problem? What if they got into something they should not have on the computer couldn't this family be held liable? What if she choked ona rpetzel for god's sake? You have a minor in your house and you don't know who she is?

I hope its trust.​

Since my "teens" are grown and have been. I can't say this is normal or not. However, I can say that my parents NEVER would have dropped me at anyones house without meeting the parents and approving it first. My two stepsons were never allowed to stay or go to a friends unless we met the parents and approved. Now, while I accepted this without any problems. The boys had issues with it, I simply told them I loved them too much to just let them go with someone I did not know. Years later, they thanked me.

I think society has gotten lax, kids have TOO much freedom and make TOO many decisions on their own.....
roll.png

no, this absolutely does NOT sound normal to me. I would definitely want to know why the hell some kids are in my house when mine isnt even home in the first place. this ios WRONG WRONG WRONG. what if dad was mentally desturbed or something?

Back
Top Bottom