Teflon coated pans

From what I've seen of our own teflon coated pans is that:

-teflon comes off easily
-no healthy when it becomes too hot
-when washed coating comes off

The iron ones work quite well.

Aluminum pans are not good for you health either. I only use cast iron, stainless and all my pots are the old enamel ware I have collected over the years. I do have glass pots but I don't get near them, if its glass I will break it. Tiled concrete floors and cast iron sink make it too easy to destroy glass.

I know they are expensive, but I love cast iron coated with enamel, like LeCruset. The pans last forever, and have the benefits of cast iron, but gives you some of the features similar to teflon.

Overheated (and the temp it needs to get to to outgass is actually not that high ..maybe 4oo-450?) Teflon can kill other pets besides birds, can harm small pets like hampsters, etc.

Cast iron is the way to go. They're relatively inexpensive and they'll outlive you. Once a pan is seasoned well, you can cook anything in it and you don't have to worry about it sticking.

I WAS OVER COOKING ONE NIGHT FOR MY INLAWS .THEY HAD THIS WONDERFUL PARROT THAT TALKED WELL I PUT THE POT ON AND WALKED AWAY FOR A MINUTE I BURNED THE PAN AND NEEDLESS TO SAY THE BIRD WAS HAVING CONVULSIONS IN THE CAGE IT DIED AND WE WERE ALL STUNNED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENEDBUT ITGOT WORSE MY HUSBAND CAME IN AND TOLD ME I KILLED THE BIRD . TRUE STORY I KILLED THEIR BIRD WITH MY COOKING.
hide.gif

I have a pet crematory. Can't tell you how many birds and small pets that I've cremated because of an overburnt teflon pan. One I remember was a young Blue and Gold Macaw. The family got rid of everything teflon coated except for one pan used for eggs. You got it, that's the one their teenaged son burnt his eggs in. Such a sad thing to happen.
Slinky

Quote:
I'm a cast iron fan myself and I found an easy way to clean them.

When you buy stonewear it comes with a piece of hard plastic for cleaning. Stonewear like cast iron should never be cleaned with soap. That plastic square (actually its pointed on 3 sides and rounded on one) is the best cleaning tool I have.

I haven't puchased a scrubby pad in years.

The Pampered Chef actually sells them separately. I did find one in a store once but it didn't work as well. The one pampered chef makes has all four sides that are slightly different so it will work on all stonewear. They work magic on cast iron.

Even dried on scrambled eggs and cheese pry right off. no carpel tunnel

While buying a non stick cookware, the first thing that needs to be checked is the coating which is used.Non stick cookwares
coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer. There are several coating which are 100% natural.Ecolon is one of them. Neoflam is manufacturing non stick cookwares coated with Ecolon.

Quote:
I love my Staub too. It is like LeCreuset but the interior is black so no stains to disgust me
smile.png
And to clean it is really easy. I just put water in the pot when the food's all gone and I leave it to sit overnight with its lid on. Then in the morning everything comes off easy!

I don't like cooking in non-stick pans anymore.

I agree with others. I threw away my teflon pans and only use cast iron and stainless. The only drawback to cast iron is that it so heavy but I "endeavor to persevere."
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom