Tell me about your GQF Sportsman 1202

Duuuuuude, they suck... where is it so I can buy it.
big_smile.png

Just kidding, I have 2, they are awesome. I want/need 2 more for next year, I only want 1202s nothing else will do. The parts are easily replaced. I setup the auto humidity system, hosed it to my 2 sportsmans and my hatcher and am using a horse trough float valve to keep the gravity fed feeder bucket full, the less human intervention the better.

The best thing about a sportsman is if it works it's worth the same money that you put into it, as if you're renting it instead of buying it.

Last edited:
I have 2 1202's and 2 1502's. The only difference is the thermostat and the 1502 is a tad bit bigger. I LOVE them all. Once you set them, you never have to touch them again. They sell for 400-500 dollars USED around here. I got a good deal on all of mine that's why I didn't buy the new Dickey's. The one good thing about GQF's is that they have had the incubator market for SOOO long that you can find parts anywhere.

Quote:
I have to agree, the local feed store sells nearly everything for the GQF, the parts are plentiful and as long as it works you can sell it for what you have in it.

So $100 bucks is a good deal? The guy said he took one of the thermastats out and it works great. My husband can fix anything so I feel confident that if anything goes wrong he can and will fix it for me.

That's a GREAT deal. A new thermostat is like $25 and the whole auto turn deal is like $80 so IF you had to replace all the parts in it you are still at half of what a new one would cost. I would replace the wafer just to be on the safe side. They are like $4 at any feed store.

I also have a 1202 it is awesome with one small worry. The hatching room has a temp swing of about 10 degrees. The 1202 swings from 98.5 to 100.5 when the room temp swings. I have an electronic stat. Was that older stat not as accurate as some of the more recent ones? I have had good hatches but it makes me fret.

Back
Top Bottom