Tell me about your hatchery experiences..

Mvan42

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 15, 2019
Garrett County, Maryland
I am ordering from meyer hatchery.. first time... a cousin is ordering some also and we r splitting the shipping.. the on breed she wants won't be read til June 22.. i hate to wait that long but I guess I will... tell me about your experience on ordering chicks..

I was going to order from Meyer too, but the chicks I wanted were not being hatched until the end of May, too long for me to wait. I went to the local feed store and bought some there. Not the same I know, but it satisfied my addiction to get chicks IMMEDIATELY! I have used Murray McMurray with mostly satisfaction. They substituted and gave me 6 of one breed, when I asked for 3 of one and 3 of another. That didn't make me happy. Also they mis-sexed chicks in my order and I ended up with 4 roosters in the end! Health wise, the chicks were healthy and happy, so that is a plus. You have a long wait in front of you. I'm not good at that! :p Good Luck!

I was going to order from Meyer too, but the chicks I wanted were not being hatched until the end of May, too long for me to wait. I went to the local feed store and bought some there. Not the same I know, but it satisfied my addiction to get chicks IMMEDIATELY! I have used Murray McMurray with mostly satisfaction. They substituted and gave me 6 of one breed, when I asked for 3 of one and 3 of another. That didn't make me happy. Also they mis-sexed chicks in my order and I ended up with 4 roosters in the end! Health wise, the chicks were healthy and happy, so that is a plus. You have a long wait in front of you. I'm not good at that! :p Good Luck!
I know the wait but I have chicks rt now and I will be starting an incubator next week.. i will keep my chick addiction satisfied until then.. i have tried shipped eggs fir BRLW and haven't had much luck so giving in and ordering.. only if she didn't want those blue black splash cochins i could get them sooner.. lol.

I’ve ordered twice from valley farm hatchery. Couldn’t say nothing but good things. Never lost one and all were good hatchery stock who performed well. First order was 15 chicks 2 years ago then I ordered 23 2 weeks ago and they sent me 27 all healthy and growing.

I’ve ordered twice from valley farm hatchery. Couldn’t say nothing but good things. Never lost one and all were good hatchery stock who performed well. First order was 15 chicks 2 years ago then I ordered 23 2 weeks ago and they sent me 27 all healthy and growing.
Where are you and where is Valley Farm Hatchery? Local to you? I've not heard of it.

I am ordering from meyer hatchery.. first time... a cousin is ordering some also and we r splitting the shipping.. the on breed she wants won't be read til June 22.. i hate to wait that long but I guess I will... tell me about your experience on ordering chicks..
What breed are you waiting for?
Where are you and where is Valley Farm Hatchery? Local to you? I've not heard of it.
they are out of Alabama in from West Virginia. They ship them very good variety and prices are great. They have a website just type in valley farms hatchery and it will pop up.

Back
Top Bottom