Tell me again how this chicken math works?

Anyone else notice Gritty's not admitting to the chickens she regularly keeps on the back porch.
Might be more accurate to be seeking #5 & #6.

Imp- not to mention the well house rabbits. the carport songbirds. etc etc etc

Besides, if Gritty uses it for a grow-out pen once, those chickens will be there forever. As much as she tries, she can't talk them into packing up and moving to one of the other coops. And she has no runs! She can't lock them in the other coop to get them to move. She'll constantly be needing new grow-out pens.

It can work for broodies to hatch out their eggs, but she;ll probably have to move the broody and her brood to the permamant coop a few times at night to get them to move. I've done that and it usually only takes a couple of times. My broodies have been ready to move their chicks back with their flock. But getting a bunch of teenaged chickens to move out of their house takes consistency, moving them every night for a while. They won't want to move in with the older bullies.

So, yeah, a constant supply of new grow-out pens.

And Imp, I think you missed one, but that's what a community is for, to help each other out. Her last brooder was IN THE HOUSE, not on the back porch. If she gets many more, I'm going to have to take my shoes off to count them all.

Quote:
If you do, post a picture. Gritty loves naked foot pictures.
wink.png

Impy- Wonder how many broodyrooms she has in that house. Oops I meant bedrooms.
hu.gif

Quote:
wink.png

hu.gif

I was just thinking that she and Keith should just move into the 30x40 with the Harley, and turn the house into a coop. But it sounds like she's already done that.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
wink.png

hu.gif

I was just thinking that she and Keith should just move into the 30x40 with the Harley, and turn the house into a coop. But it sounds like she's already done that.
tongue2.gif

Oh I see how y'all are. I go away for one day, not even a whole day and you have me going coop crazy!
tongue.gif

I have - the brahma coop, the big coop, and now I will have the grow out/broody coop. AND THAT'S IT!! The two chicks in the brooder in the house will be ready for the grow out coop as soon as it gets here. Okay, so I haven't figured out where Annie is going to live. She's supposed to live in the big coop, but her boyfriend lives in the brahma coop and the brahmas hate Annie and won't tolerate her invading their coop each night like she's done for the past three nights. So okay, maybe a honeymoon coop is needed. AND THAT'S IT!!

Turning Keith's shop into a coop is not an option. Last time I took over his harley shed he brought the harley in the house, which is all well and good, until he decided to start it IN THE HOUSE. However Keith is talking about using his retirement bonus to build a bigger, better shop so I might end up with his current one and convert it to a coop. AND THAT'S IT!!

Quote:
tongue2.gif

Oh I see how y'all are. I go away for one day, not even a whole day and you have me going coop crazy!
tongue.gif

I have - the brahma coop, the big coop, and now I will have the grow out/broody coop. AND THAT'S IT!! The two chicks in the brooder in the house will be ready for the grow out coop as soon as it gets here. Okay, so I haven't figured out where Annie is going to live. She's supposed to live in the big coop, but her boyfriend lives in the brahma coop and the brahmas hate Annie and won't tolerate her invading their coop each night like she's done for the past three nights. So okay, maybe a honeymoon coop is needed. AND THAT'S IT!!

Turning Keith's shop into a coop is not an option. Last time I took over his harley shed he brought the harley in the house, which is all well and good, until he decided to start it IN THE HOUSE. However Keith is talking about using his retirement bonus to build a bigger, better shop so I might end up with his current one and convert it to a coop. AND THAT'S IT!!

THAT can be the Honeymoon Coop!

Did you order the coop with the 'cow proof' door? And, yes, Imp's advice about multiple broody rooms was right on the money.
yippiechickie.gif
do a little dance
yippiechickie.gif
'n' sing a little song
D.gif
walla
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif