Tell me again how this chicken math works?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Back in November, 2007 I joined BYC looking for information on keeping a few hens to supply my family with eggs.

I just placed an order for a third coop.

How on earth did this happen?!?!?
th.gif

As far as I can see your start of wanting 4 chickens. Then you build a big coop and run which makes them look lonely, so you get a few eggs for a broody hen. Then you find out about different breeds and before you know it you are the mad chicken person with many coops that just have to be filled.

Quote:
That's about right, except....we built the first coop. Then I needed a second. DH had health issues last year and wasn't able to help me build one, so he gave me the shed his harley used to live in; only needed retrofitting on the inside. Now I need a third coop, so I ordered a prefinished one.
smile.png

POP QUIZ

Your first was not built big enough. Your second was not built big enough. Your third (will/will not) be built big enough.

Imp, your task is to grade her response. A or F?

I'm actually waiting for a giant shipping crate to become available at work, that will be my 3rd one, too!
tongue.png

My only thoughts are.... where's the Harley sleeping?

Quote:
Fair is fair. He gave me his 12X14 harley house, so I bought him a 30x40 ft. shop. Only have 8 more months to pay on it too.
big_smile.png

I blame the predator for taking you broody after I sent you eggs so then you had to hatch the little devils inside. Now they have no feathered mama to protect them from the big bad grown chickens.

I want to see the coop you ordered!

Quote:
This third one will be for growing out and broodies only.
tongue2.gif

That's a big F there.

15498_godzilla.jpg

Imp has a ruler and is not afraid to use it.

Back
Top Bottom