Tell me something GOOD that happened to you today.

Quote:
yeah! LOL! Ken is snoring so loud I can hear him out here. I have to wrap. Ugh.

I love wrapping. I did all mine a couple weeks ago. Wish I could do more. Can I come help you?

OH PLEASE!!!! There is A LOT to be wrapped.

We had two of our new friends stop and visit with us today, Chet and Judy, we met them durning the farmers market that was just started this last summer in our small town.

I enjoy our visits with them, but found out Judy had a stroke a little over a week ago but she is doing better, really scared us, didnt know anything had happened.

They have many animals and Chet has held different jobs and so has Judy, both are older couple, Chet had Frank and I laughing so hard today, I was afraid I would do something embarasing in my pants.

They brought us some gifts from one of their trips to the spice island and man does the house smell great, all natural just love it. And they also brought us a hand carved nativity out of salt. Can you believe that carved out of salt. It is less than 2"x2". They know that Frank and I are very interested in carvings since Frank hand carves wood, but carved out of salt. WOW

So with their visit they made not only my day by my christmas.

God bless friends.

Try a Rat Zapper. I just love the idea.
Too bad they haven't gone into it lately. I need to find it again, and clean out the smell of their fried relatives.
They have moved in again.

1978 down and two more to go. Gifts that is. It seems like this year there is SOO MUCH!!!! I guess with 5 kids and 5 grandkids it can add up if we even get just 1 gift for each. Which did NOT happen.

A Secret Santa friend of mine came through with support for gifts for 6 kids for Christmas, and we found one of my student's families a loveseat and recliner at Goodwill for $65 but they dropped it to $50 and a couple of people in there kicked in so we could get it for them. That gives two of the kids somewhere to sleep other than on blankets on a concrete floor! Now,, 2 mattresses and I'll be doing the happy dance all the way to their house!

We got the all the compost into the garden and tilled it all in. We also tilled up the coop run, and made a garden bed for the raspberries.

Today, with the help of BYC's Hockmangirl and friends, we rescued 8 beautiful Chinese Geese that had been dumped at our local wetlands. It was quite an adventure rounding them up into a crate, where they traveled an hour and a half to Hockmangirl's farm. And they seem to be settling in well there. I love BYC. We got lots of good advice and well wishes with regard to rescue strategies prior!
smile.png

I found out that the person who bought the just renovated and flipped house up the street from my moms is a lady about my age who loves to garden!

Sounds like a great fit for our quirky neighborhood!

Back
Top Bottom